1.    #1  
    So I am one of the unlucky ones with the cracked screen syndrome. Well, I have a new phone now and need to load the data from the old phone to the new phone. A problem I'm facing is that I can't use the gesture or touchscreen to do a usb transfer. Is there another way to do it or do I have to go into a Sprint store? Thanks.
    Once the new phone is turned on it will prompt you for your Palm Profile user id and password. Enter it in and you are good to go. It will upload the data from wherever you backed it up (Google, Palm profile)
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Also the Sprint Store has a transfer device, that will transfer pictures and contacts from one phone to another.
    -Polen
    History: StarTAC(Sprint) -> Sony Ericson(AT&T) -> Samsung SPH-i500 Palm(Sprint) -> Mogul(Sprint) -> Touch(Sprint) -> Pre(Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    Once the new phone is turned on it will prompt you for your Palm Profile user id and password. Enter it in and you are good to go. It will upload the data from wherever you backed it up (Google, Palm profile)
    Does the backup include photos and music? I'm in the same situation as the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi345 View Post
    Does the backup include photos and music? I'm in the same situation as the OP.
    No
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  6. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    just plug it in to computer, copy and copy back onto new device..simple

tho you'll have to re-sync itunes
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    When i plug it into my computer, the USB options come up on the screen of the Pre but I can't choose anything because the touchscreen doesn't work

Is there a way to choose a USB option with the Pre's keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post

How fast is the USB transfer rate? I can see this being a pain trying to restore or backup files to and from your PC specially if it's close to the 8gb storage.
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    How fast is the USB transfer rate? I can see this being a pain trying to restore or backup files to and from your PC specially if it's close to the 8gb storage.
    It's a USB 2.0 so you'll be fine. It's easy and quick.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Any luck?
    nope... there's no damn way to choose any of the USB options with the keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by robrahm View Post
    So I am one of the unlucky ones with the cracked screen syndrome. Well, I have a new phone now and need to load the data from the old phone to the new phone. A problem I'm facing is that I can't use the gesture or touchscreen to do a usb transfer. Is there another way to do it or do I have to go into a Sprint store? Thanks.
    I don't suppose you rooted it?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I don't suppose you rooted it?
    ...which would require the touchscreen to work so we could actually select "Just Charge" in order to root the device. If the touchscreen worked, we wouldn't need to root the device...
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    So the backup application does not, in fact, back up the entire device, but rather just the contact details, etc? Guess I need to make copies of my modified OS files for future replacements.