Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For those that got the Pre on opening day we only have until Monday to exchange them I assume? I believe that is 30 days if they count that first day. Or is 30 days Sunday?

If we exchanged after that I assume we will have to pay the $100 deductible. I am asking as I exchanged mine and it has a small twist to it that does bother me but the phone seems fine otherwise. I am trying to decide if i should exchange it again or not.

I was charging it on the TS the other night and woke up to find it on the Palm reboot screen but it never rebooted. I had to use the power/ringer trick and it seemed okay after that. Anyone else have that kind of issue?

Also this new one seems a bit more sluggish than my first one. Maybe it is all psychological. My first one was perfect until the keyboard died. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    According to sprint CS we have until Sunday, the 5th.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    For those that got the Pre on opening day we only have until Monday to exchange them I assume? I believe that is 30 days if they count that first day. Or is 30 days Sunday?

If we exchanged after that I assume we will have to pay the $100 deductible. I am asking as I exchanged mine and it has a small twist to it that does bother me but the phone seems fine otherwise. I am trying to decide if i should exchange it again or not.

I was charging it on the TS the other night and woke up to find it on the Palm reboot screen but it never rebooted. I had to use the power/ringer trick and it seemed okay after that. Anyone else have that kind of issue?

Also this new one seems a bit more sluggish than my first one. Maybe it is all psychological. My first one was perfect until the keyboard died. ii
    I was under the impression that the 100$ deductible was only for lost/stolen. Hardware failure or issue should be no deductible. I could be wrong though.
    I got mine day one from Best Buy. Mine has a little wiggle when closed but that's about it but it seems a lot better than what others have complained about. I started to wonder about the quality as well and exchange but I might just keep it. I'm wondering if the sliding keyboard will last 2 years. I heard of other phones with sliding keyboards only lasting 2 months.

I have thought about ditching it and go with the iphone but really I find the Pre much more intuitive and easier to use. I've been with Sprint for 10 years so I have a premier account. I thought I read somewhere after 12 months I can upgrade but not sure how much of a rebate I would get. I assume 50%.
    I looked in the box for the actual warranty details and on a sheet titled "Limited Warranty" it says the Pre's hardware is covered for 90 days. So as long as you didn't drop the phone, scratch it, etc, Palm should replace or repair it for any other defect.

Pretty sure the 30 day deal is if you want to return the phone for something else or cancel your service with Sprint.
    $100 deductible is for lost/stole AND damaged phones. Otherwise no charge to getting it replaced.
  7.    #7  
    See this is what confuses me. One says 90 day warranty then the insurance says one thing then TEP for another. I am just confused about what is what!

So if I understand correctly then, the 90 days is for normal, non insured purchases. After that you need the insurance if you do not have it. If you do it does not matter.

Then the insurance covers everything else including Oreo screens, screen cracked problems and stuck/bad pixles with no deductible at any time during your ownership.

Then for lost/stolen or damaged phones which will set you back a C note.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    I've had a bad pixel since day 1, called sprint and have been trying to get a new one since launch, Ira been dropped a few times and now has a crack on the side. Does this mean imma hve to pay the deductible? I have TEP but don't wanna have to pay for a new device when this one works fine(besides the pixel), I've just been waiting for sprint to let me know when they have a phone for me.
    I returned my today. Got too tired with all the problems... Too bad, I dream about this phone for 6 month... What a let down on performance.
    You better return yours tomorrow or you will be sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by moulin6801 View Post
    I returned my today. Got too tired with all the problems... Too bad, I dream about this phone for 6 month... What a let down on performance.
    How many threads are you going to post the same thing on now?
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Ive been thinking of turning it in & maybe waiting for the BB Tour! buuuuut...DONT WANT A BLACKBERRY! been there done that!

this phone, im worried about hardware failure, ive on my second pre b/c the screen has a bubble the was growing across it.

i dont mean to compare, but this is not a 755p hardware. the BB tour does everything i need also (exept podcast ezy)

im pleased with the performance, UI, battery life is 75% better (or @ least not an issue). right now im staying, but still thinking hard.

& ive used the Tour UI on t-mobile's curve.

i mean we waited 6 month! im mad, im even considering jumping!
    ohio state SUCKS!! & michigan state will never measure up!
    p.s. lakers SUCK too!! GO PISTONS!!
    What does the "bubble" look like?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    TEP also gives help with warranty problems. Sprint will replace the phone for you. Without TEP Sprint will tell you to contact Palm to get warranty. They will not help you at all with a broken phone without TEP. I have learned to always get TEP with Sprint.
    -Polen
    History: StarTAC(Sprint) -> Sony Ericson(AT&T) -> Samsung SPH-i500 Palm(Sprint) -> Mogul(Sprint) -> Touch(Sprint) -> Pre(Sprint)
    I'm keeping mine until I see how things go with the HTC Hero. I'm mostly happy with the Pre except for the general lag and checker board screens.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    I've had a bad pixel since day 1, called sprint and have been trying to get a new one since launch, Ira been dropped a few times and now has a crack on the side. Does this mean imma hve to pay the deductible?
    I think you're out of luck.
    Once there's damage on it, caused by the owner, it's damaged and you're probably going to have to pay the deductible.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by mele View Post
    I got mine day one from Best Buy. Mine has a little wiggle when closed but that's about it but it seems a lot better than what others have complained about. I started to wonder about the quality as well and exchange but I might just keep it. I'm wondering if the sliding keyboard will last 2 years. I heard of other phones with sliding keyboards only lasting 2 months.

I have thought about ditching it and go with the iphone but really I find the Pre much more intuitive and easier to use. I've been with Sprint for 10 years so I have a premier account. I thought I read somewhere after 12 months I can upgrade but not sure how much of a rebate I would get. I assume 50%.
    nope, you get the full discount just like me!!! Gotta love premier!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherjpeg View Post
    I looked in the box for the actual warranty details and on a sheet titled "Limited Warranty" it says the Pre's hardware is covered for 90 days. So as long as you didn't drop the phone, scratch it, etc, Palm should replace or repair it for any other defect.

Pretty sure the 30 day deal is if you want to return the phone for something else or cancel your service with Sprint.
    Warranty = 1 year new. 90 days refurbished.
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/conta...anty_1year.pdf

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Support Services
    Quote Originally Posted by moulin6801 View Post
    Are you trying to curse those of us keeping our Pres? Lol, curse of the dumbass.
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    I think you're out of luck.
    Once there's damage on it, caused by the owner, it's damaged and you're probably going to have to pay the deductible.
    That's crap. I have been asking them to hold me one, I should have had my phone replaced replaced because of my dead pixel, it's wear and tear. I really hope I don't have to, we'll see.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Wear and tear is not a crack.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast