1.    #1  
    I won the Best Buy Palm Pre giveaway and finally received my Pre today!! It is so so pretty, but because it could take up to 5 business days to activate the phone via their promotions channel, I can't even turn it on to play with it!

Did anyone else on here win? I pretty much took care of the steps right away, so I am wondering if I am not the first person to receive it. If someone else did win and has already been activated, how long did you have to wait?

I had to put it away so I would stop opening and closing it. It is one that came in a white box and the slider seems really tight. Is that a good thing? It looks flawless so far, though. Can't figure out the little charging flap door thingy either.

Sitting on her hands,

Peachness
    Quote Originally Posted by peachness View Post
    I won the Best Buy Palm Pre giveaway and finally received my Pre today!! It is so so pretty, but because it could take up to 5 business days to activate the phone via their promotions channel, I can't even turn it on to play with it!

Did anyone else on here win? I pretty much took care of the steps right away, so I am wondering if I am not the first person to receive it. If someone else did win and has already been activated, how long did you have to wait?

I had to put it away so I would stop opening and closing it. It is one that came in a white box and the slider seems really tight. Is that a good thing? It looks flawless so far, though. Can't figure out the little charging flap door thingy either.

Sitting on her hands,

Peachness
    Congrats! You'll love your phone as long as you're not crazy crazy picky...

Basically you have to slide open the phone in order to open the charging flap...
    Wow, congrats on the win. For the charging door, open the slider and then with your fingernail pull it out from underneath, the first few times it comes out kind of hard but it will loosen up.

With the Best Buy giveaway wasnt it with a year of free service as well? or was that for a different contest?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Congrats! You'll love your phone as long as you're not crazy crazy picky...

Basically you have to slide open the phone in order to open the charging flap...
    Thanks! Not necessarily... I think anything is better than my Treo 800w at this point. I want to run over that thing with the car!

Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Wow, congrats on the win. For the charging door, open the slider and then with your fingernail pull it out from underneath, the first few times it comes out kind of hard but it will loosen up.

With the Best Buy giveaway wasnt it with a year of free service as well? or was that for a different contest?
    Thank you! I will try it and see what happens.

The Best Buy giveaway prize was the phone and 6 months of free service with Sprint. It will probably be the lowest minutes plan, but that's OK with me because I don't talk on the phone much, I prefer text/email. But it comes with free long-distance, sms, web browsing, picture mail, and sprint TV (or so the letter says).
    Congrats!!! You will love it! (I think lol)
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    There was a Best Buy Giveaway?
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    Congrats!!! You will love it! (I think lol)
    Lol! I know I will. I fell in love with it from day 1. And WebOS looks awesome! Just itching to play with it...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    There was a Best Buy Giveaway?
    Yeah, it didn't run very long. I saw that either PreCentral or PreBlog had posted on Twitter there was a contest and ran to enter, post haste!
    I never win anything ...

Congrats! It's a great phone...reguardless of what all the fanatics say about it.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Congrats!

I am sure you will find your likes and dislikes about the Pre. But your patience (and late start) will pay off as things are rolling out (upgrades, more apps, etc). Now go get you a Touchstone!
    Congrats. I am so happy for you. You are going to love your phone and the lowest minutes with your phone on Sprint is still 450 minutes with GPS thrown in. It also has Google maps. You could almost say "Being a Pre owner means never having to say I'm lost." (ha, ha). Unfortunately, the GPS only works when you have cell coverage.

Have I every been out of my coverage area, only when I've been out of the country, but hey "it could happen." Thus, I'd still would like a stand-alone GPS application.

Welcome aboard. I've stopped using my iPod and my Treo since getting the Pre. Post your first impressions for us after you activate. I can't even imagine winning a prize so is so awesome. Tell Best Buy they rock!!!
    Congrats! Enjoy your pre
  13.    #13  
    Thanks, everyone!

Yeah, I about peed myself when I saw the letter. I, too, never win anything! I have no idea what I did to deserve such an awesome prize! Thank you Best Buy and Sprint!

I plan to get a touchstone soon, definitely by mid-August, hopefully sooner. Funds are super low for me right now and I would not have been able to get the Pre at all if I hadn't won. Though I just got something in the mail from Sprint about being a premier customer with a coupon for $$ off an accessory. Yep, gonna use that for sure!

bdhu2001 -- I have spent a small fortune at Best Buy and have never had a problem with any of their products, so I consistently try to get people to go buy from them.

Oh... I use my iPod super heavily (10 to 12 hours a day), so I can't really get rid of that, but I would imagine I will be sitting on my couch with the laptop a lot less now that I will be able to view Web sites properly!