Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got mine on June 6th and have a little screen wobble, but nothing worth complaining about. I also got another Pre over telesales last Sunday, and it arrived this past Wednesday, and looks to be in great condition (no dead pixels or unusual wobble either).

So, to counter-act these "negative" threads, who has bought a Pre and not run into ANY issues with the hardware?
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Got mine on launch day at 7:45 am. Have a tiny bit of play when it's closed. Other than that this phone is money, baby.

In fact, this phone has survived a few bad falls and is still in nearly mint condition.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Count me in.
    So? That does no invalidate complaints about build quality.

I'm on my 5th Pre, which actually works, who are you to try to discount the hassle I had to go through?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    My father got the Pre on launch day; it's perfectly fine.
    I got the Pre a couple days after; perfectly fine.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Launch Day owner.........been perfect, no wooble, no screen glitches, in the past week battery life has slowly increased which is as it was supposed to. Happy Camper here.
    Problem free Pre for me - Other than the known bugs (mp3 streaming, etc) Dropped it a dozen times too (Thank goodness for screen protector!). Slight bit of play when its closed, but hey it's hit the ground a dozen times.

Crazy thing about dropping it - -> battery life improved each time it hit the pavementl
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post

I'm on my 5th Pre, which actually works, who are you to try to discount the hassle I had to go through?
    And by posting your issues in this thread are you trying to discount those who are still on their first?

Mine is all good.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

Did you even read the title of this thread? No one is discounting any hassles and most importantly your personal hassle you went thru. OP just wanted to know IF there were any such EARLY Pre adopters without issues. It sure does not "smell" like a pro-pre-kiss-palm's-**s thread either. Also please,please spell check before you click that submit reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    And by posting your issues in this thread are you trying to discount those who are still on their first?

Mine is all good.
    That some are lucky to find a good phone at launch should not be newsworthy.
    My launch day pre is still going strong.
    Got mine on launch day (6th). On the whole it's been great. Still have some reception issues, but I think I still get clear calls even in low bar areas. Still had a few days to go before d day return. Said I can't give this up now and gave Palm/Sprint a vote of confidence by porting over my old number.

Now lets get some more and better apps and those firmware updates pumped out.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Got mine on launch day at 7:45 am. Have a tiny bit of play when it's closed. Other than that this phone is money, baby.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by equus View Post
    Also please,please spell check before you click that submit reply
    You forgot to add a space following a comma. I'm typing on my Pre, what's your excuse?

Touchy much? Take it easy. Nobody said you don't have problems- I sincerely believe you have them. Nobody is discounting your problems. YOU HAVE PROBLEMS. There. I agree. Congratulations, you have problems, and I do not discount them.

Btw, my Pre has been great, though I got it about a week after launch. And, Sivan, just because I don't have your problems and am happy with my Pre, doesn't mean you don't have problems. Again, I do not discount your problems. They are very real. relax.
    Why do you people need to echo each other on how great your phones are? Grow up.
    That some are lucky to find a good phone at launch should not be newsworthy.
    Yeah, it shouldn't. But since this is a forum where each person that has issues with their phone posts a new thread about it, even if its in another thread (and then goes into other threads that have nothing to do with their problems and brings it up there too), it IS news here.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Been loving mine since BB opened their doors on 6/6. Screen wobble is minimal, and only 1 stuck pixel (and 2-3 stuck subpixels) that never bothers me.

I agree that recipients of good units need to be more vocal about our experience. It is unfortunate that some defective ones get out there, but it is not the case that all Pres are lemons.
    Originally posted by sivan:

I'm truly sorry about your troubles, but your having troubles doesn't negate the fact that there are also plenty of happy Pre owners, who aren't fanboys, and haven't had the problems you've had. We're not discounting your issues by acknowledging that we haven't had any.

I'm any early adopter and have had no problems (got mine on 6-6-09). I've tried to have my family wait for three months to let the Pre mature, before they come over to Sprint. I've tried to have them choose the devices that they already have on VZW, it hasn't worked.

I've has so few problems (none) that even my son who wanted an iPhone and has a Blackberry- that he raves about- now wants a Pre.

I don't know what to say. This Pre thing is contagious and it's catching with people who never would touch my old Treo.
    Why do you people need to echo each other on how great your phones are? Grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    (and then goes into other threads that have nothing to do with their problems and brings it up there too)
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast