Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    no problems here.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Got @ Launch, been a fine device. Little, tiny bit of oreo when closed (probably ~ 1mm), no wobble when open. Little tiny blotch at bottom of screen when it's hot, but the browser back button neatly covers it.

Rooted = yes
    Restored = Once (did the obsolete root + not good ipkg install)
    Love = Yes

I carry it face in, in my "watch pocket".
    Had since launch here as well. No problems at all. Very happy and unlike others, I am patient and can wait for updates/apps.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Me too. After three weeks, hardware solid. My pre goes commando - no insurance and no case, so it'll get a beating. So far, so good - not a scratch. This screen must be made of some very tough ABS.

Yesterday was a light usage day - mostly over wi-fi (Pandora, e-mail, web, two short phone calls) and I didn't charge it at all, but I returned home to the Touchstone with 63% battery remaining. Spare battery might not be a bad idea, but I think I'm covered with the Palm car charger - and because of the modular design, I can always run out to the car to get the cable if I need an emergency charge from my desktop at the office.

So far, after three weeks on the Pre; good, not superb, battery life on the stock battery and I've only had to reset a few times. The OS is wonderfully intuitive. IMAP mail delivery seems almost as good as Blackberry. I'll be hooking it up to Exchange next week - wanted to keep it to myself for a little while.

Good job Palm. You've won me back. WebOS was worth the wait, and Pre is a sweet design.

Now let's get some updates and apps - I want some of the PIM functionality I was used to with the old PalmOS and the BB - and a few native games - and RSA SecurID. Let's go already :-)
    Last edited by kabamm; 07/07/2009 at 09:32 AM.
    "I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
    So far so good here!!!
  6. KAM1138
    Hello Everyone,

I got it a few weeks after launch, and am loving it. It does have some Oreo Twist action when closed, but is pretty solid when open. If it remains functional with this, it isn't really a bother, because when I hold it in one hand, it doesn't rattle or jiggle, because my hand stabilizes it.

I'm pushing my wife to buy one, but she is resisting so far. That's ok, when she does, I'll get to see how a later production run stacks up.

KAM
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm pushing my wife to buy one, but she is resisting so far. That's ok, when she does, I'll get to see how a later production run stacks up.

KAM
    NonononoNONO. That's not how you do it.

You keep showing it off to her. Then keep reminding her that it's somewhat new, somewhat buggy, and you can't really afford another one yet. But maybe soon.

Every new feature and app that you like, you show it off to her, but be sure to remind her that her phone is working well enough for now.

Then, when the "Pre II" comes out, you announce that she's ready for a Pre, and of course, give her yours.

Then you need a new phone.

Sheesh, you newlyweds, you folks need a manual, or what??
    got a good on on day one and am slowely finding it as good as good or better than advertised!
    Still no problems.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Picked up my Pre on day one, first thing in the morning! No problems at all for me!
    And, the battery seems to be lasting longer!
  11. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    NonononoNONO. That's not how you do it.

You keep showing it off to her. Then keep reminding her that it's somewhat new, somewhat buggy, and you can't really afford another one yet. But maybe soon.

Every new feature and app that you like, you show it off to her, but be sure to remind her that her phone is working well enough for now.

Then, when the "Pre II" comes out, you announce that she's ready for a Pre, and of course, give her yours.

Then you need a new phone.

Sheesh, you newlyweds, you folks need a manual, or what??
    HAHAH! Yes, maybe that would work better. She keeps adding conditions to when she will want one. She's got a color obsession (which her current phone fulfills), but I showed her the Green Lantern Background. She wanted specific ringtones, so I made a few custom ones. I almost got her with the Sudoku. Now she's holding out for using the music player in her vehicle in place of her Ipod (currently using a plug-in radio transmitter). I'm guessing we can do that with a bluetooth device, but I don't have a specific one that I know will work.

A few times she's said "let me see that" and I've said "Oh, sorry, I guess you will just need to get one of your own." Of course, I then hand it over.

I was just looking for someone to share my Pre Joy with, because I gotta say--I'm loving this phone. It's finally what I've been looking for for about 10 years in a mobile device (PDA and then Phone).

KAM
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have had no issues with my Pre...I was the first person in line at BB on June 6. I love my Pre...
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    2 launch day pre's...both have been great...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Launch day owner.
    Greatest thing since sliced bread!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    HAHAH! Yes, maybe that would work better. She keeps adding conditions to when she will want one. She's got a color obsession (which her current phone fulfills), but I showed her the Green Lantern Background. She wanted specific ringtones, so I made a few custom ones. I almost got her with the Sudoku. Now she's holding out for using the music player in her vehicle in place of her Ipod (currently using a plug-in radio transmitter). I'm guessing we can do that with a bluetooth device, but I don't have a specific one that I know will work.

A few times she's said "let me see that" and I've said "Oh, sorry, I guess you will just need to get one of your own." Of course, I then hand it over.

I was just looking for someone to share my Pre Joy with, because I gotta say--I'm loving this phone. It's finally what I've been looking for for about 10 years in a mobile device (PDA and then Phone).

KAM
    I have an aux port and USB port on my Kenwood radio in my truck. I play the mp3s on my truck radio using the AUX port. Tried using the USB port as a player but it hooks up as an IPod and shuts the phone down. As I do get calls and texts, it doesn't do me much good to connect w/USB and play as an Ipod. But AUX port and cable work great! Esp in a town w/crappy radio stations!
  16. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by jrherring View Post
    I have an aux port and USB port on my Kenwood radio in my truck. I play the mp3s on my truck radio using the AUX port. Tried using the USB port as a player but it hooks up as an IPod and shuts the phone down. As I do get calls and texts, it doesn't do me much good to connect w/USB and play as an Ipod. But AUX port and cable work great! Esp in a town w/crappy radio stations!
    I've got a AUX and USB in my vehicle, but my wife has neither. I was wondering if the AUX input would work. I think her vehicle would need the Radio Transmitter, which would require some additional hardware (the transmitter--Bluetooth if available).

KAM
  17.    #177  
    Bumping this topic for any additional input!
    Originally posted by KAM1138:
    I tried the Anycom Bluetooth Music Station Converter - Item # ESX2692_C from Sprint, it was on sale at their Internet site and works perfectly. It was listed on the Pre A2DP to ANY car radio with iPod adapter! thread

I understand spreading the Pre love. I got Pre for myself and then a second one 3 weeks later for my husband. I didn't even have to sell it, I just told him he could have one if he moved over to Sprint. We both have the adapters also. Love Satellite radio w/o monthly subscription costs.
    Got mine on day 1 "It's Great" LOL
    Got on launch day. No problems whatsoever, even after alot more abuse than how my friends killed there blackberrys and iphone