Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Mine is still running strong. Good stuff...
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    add me to the list, mine is still kicking major ****!
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Yes, quite a useless post. Why not try to debate?

In response to the OP: I'm not with you. And my case is hardly rare. I mean, even Dieter posted a video about his horrible Pre. And we had Derek return his too. Two of Pre Central's senior editors were given lemons. I guess they too are in the vocal minority.
    About as useless as the "discourse" you're attempting to engage in. Online forums like these will *never* give you an accurate gauge of the percentage of defective devices actually out in the field.

And *my* particular device, which I purchased on launch day, is *not* defective. What else should we debate?
    me too. Advocate here....been a smooth sail for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Yes, quite a useless post. Why not try to debate?

In response to the OP: I'm not with you. And my case is hardly rare. I mean, even Dieter posted a video about his horrible Pre. And we had Derek return his too. Two of Pre Central's senior editors were given lemons. I guess they too are in the vocal minority.
    Debat what? Yours was bad. Others weren't. There's nothing to debate.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Count me in...
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    My launch day pre is still going strong.
    b
    and lovin' it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    So, I guess the answer to the question then is, yes, you're here to invalidate the experiences of those who haven't had any issues with their phones.

I just don't want to be forgotten in this massive patting on backs.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    so far so good - no major problems here.
    2 perfect pre's
    we bought 2 on day 1. They were #'s 2 & 3 sold at that sprint store. No problems with the phones that are worth returning them over. Overall, I'm giving the hardware 3.5 stars out of 5. The software/OS is a 5.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    1st one sold in my town on launch morning.

No hardware problems at all!
    +1 here. Tight slider, no dead pixels.
    Me (Still!)
    Launch day, 1rst in line, mine is perfect.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I'm out of town for the 4th of July and my Pre's reception is a 100x better which I belive has also taken care of my second biggest gripe, crappy battery life. My phone had 17% battery when I went to bed last night around 2 am and I fully expected it to be dead when I woke up at at 6 am, but to my surprise it had 8% battery left. If my phone has turned a new leaf I'll be a very happy Pre owner.
    my hardware is fine-I just wish I could figure out how to work this little monster!!!!
    Count me and my GF in for 2 wonderful launch day Pres... Mine has a minor increase in slider laxity but nothing that bothers me and I doubt I would have noticed at all if I hadn't read about other's troubles. Hers is perfect in every way still.
    Originally posted by jfscars48:
    my hardware is fine-I just wish I could figure out how to work this little monster!!!!
    There's a 400 page manual and a Palm Pre Tips & Tricks thread, but I still haven't learned how to use everything either. I think I spend too much time on the forum and not enough on the Pre.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast