Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Yes, being sold a defective product sucks, especially 4 times in a row. Why are you giving Palm a pass? Since when has this become acceptableN
    I'm wondering why in the world you walked out 3 more times with bad units. Of course, that's all for another thread - but ... wow....
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm wondering why in the world you walked out 3 more times with bad units. Of course, that's all for another thread - but ... wow....
    Troll? lol...
    Got mine from launch party. No major issues. Very happy with my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I've already posted about it. We were opening and returning boxes at the store one after another. The last defect on the 5th turned out to be the Sprint car charger.

This one is fine so I'm warming up to it. But the self congratulating and denials of problems are unjustified.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    You're actually borderline 'Thread Crapping'
    Please review forum guidelines.
    I will. BTW, I thought we were done with "Who's with me?" threads: http://m.forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?t=71355
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio8 View Post
    I think these message boards over amplify problems.
    Why yes, yes they do.

Count me as another happy, stood in line on launch day, long time Palm customer, who has had no hardware issues and is willing to forgive some of the "newness" and "missing" (or in some cases just not working) features because of how much nicer this phone is over any previous product (IMO, YMMV).

+1 Happy, warm fuzzies.
    I got my Pre on opening day(out the door at 820am) I have had no hardware or software problems, no freezing, dead pixels or none of the other complaints that I hear. And I am a excessive texter so I am constantly sliding it open and close. I am happy with my purchase I just wish I could forward texts, I cannot believe no one thought of making sure this was a go on launch date, but I am patiently waiting for the update that fixes that......
    same knock on wood no issues with mine
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Got mine at the Pre launch party in Hollywood. Have had it now for 1 month minus 2 days. Absolutely love it. Some tiny wiggle, but trying not to be neurotic about it. If I never saw that issue posted in a forum, I doubt I would have thought about it much. Totally in love with this phone, and believe strongly in Palm.
    I got my Pre on the Tuesaday after launch. No problems at all. I came from 4 years of Treo use... waiting for a major upgrade. The Pre has already released more updates than I got in the past 4 years for my Treo650. I am very impressed!
    Yes, being sold a defective product sucks, especially 4 times in a row. Why are you giving Palm a pass? Since when has this become acceptableN
    I wouldn't give them a pass. If my SECOND device had issues, I'd buy something else. For the life of me, I can't understand how anyone would go through five returns.
    I purchased two on launch day and both have been problem free.

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I wouldn't give them a pass. If my SECOND device had issues, I'd buy something else. For the life of me, I can't understand how anyone would go through five returns.
    Because there isn't a better phone on the market and clearly most people/pre's have no issues.
    I'm with ya'.
    Got mine the day after launch day and no way I'm returning it!
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Because there isn't a better phone on the market and clearly most people/pre's have no issues.
    It's not whether most people have no issues but rather the rate of defects. No one but Palm knows what it is, analysts have no access to this data.

And yes, I agree that desperation for a working Pre will make people do crazy things like wasting a weekend at a Sprint store.
    I've already posted about it. We were opening and returning boxes at the store one after another. The last defect on the 5th turned out to be the Sprint car charger.

This one is fine so I'm warming up to it. But the self congratulating and denials of problems are unjustified.
    I've seen nothing in this thread that denies the problems of others. The "self congratulating" is no worse than the whining; but there is a difference - This is a "self congratulating" thread.

Get over it dude, as you said, you had your thread. This ain't it.
    Launch day purchase - No problems here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    While this may not be the most productive post, let me use this as an opportunity to suggest to sivan to get the sand out of his ******.

Yes, quite a useless post. Why not try to debate?

In response to the OP: I'm not with you. And my case is hardly rare. I mean, even Dieter posted a video about his horrible Pre. And we had Derek return his too. Two of Pre Central's senior editors were given lemons. I guess they too are in the vocal minority.
    Yes, quite a useless post. Why not try to debate?

In response to the OP: I'm not with you. And my case is hardly rare. I mean, even Dieter posted a video about his horrible Pre. And we had Derek return his too. Two of Pre Central's senior editors were given lemons. I guess they too are in the vocal minority.
    So, I guess the answer to the question then is, yes, you're here to invalidate the experiences of those who haven't had any issues with their phones.

100% good!!!
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast