1.    #1  
    i like that the screen fades to black whenever i dont use it for 30 secs thats good (i set it for 30) But i hate hate hate having to slide the yellow thingy up to unlock the phone.

When i am in the car listening to music i hate having to unlock the phone every time to switch songs. Is there a way to just have the screen fade to black without locking?
  2.    #2  
    no one knows?
    I don't think you can take off the screen lock as of yet. You might be able to do it with a rooted pre, though.
    If you leave it slid open then it doesn't seem to lock the screen.
  5.    #5  
    Damn, some stuff dont make sense why they wouldnt give us the options.

Phone is wicked good, hope they have some update for this and the AIM issue guys are having
    Buy a car charger. When the phone is charging, it will not automatically lock itself when it goes idle. With the complaints of battery life, you really should be charging your phone in the car anyways, especially if you are playing music or streaming pandora as that will drain your phone fast.

This is the set up i use in my car and i'm quite pleased with it. With the phone charging, all i have to do when i want to skip a song is push the power button, and do a right to left swipe with my fingers to skip to the next song. Don't have to look away from the road and don't have to unlock the phone.
    You can increase this to 2 minutes via the Screen and Lock App. I modified this to allow 15 minutes. This keeps the display active when running Pandora while on the charger at work. Each time I thumb up or thumb down, it resets the timer for another 15 minutes.
    or u can take "Lucidlore" recommendation one step further & setup a touchstone dock in ur ride. ive used one ever since one of the members posted pictures of a car charger working with the TS.

because i had no idea what u meant by the screen keeps turning of b/c mine never does. good luck.
    ohio state SUCKS!! & michigan state will never measure up!
    p.s. lakers SUCK too!! GO PISTONS!!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    You can increase this to 2 minutes via the Screen and Lock App. I modified this to allow 15 minutes. This keeps the display active when running Pandora while on the charger at work. Each time I thumb up or thumb down, it resets the timer for another 15 minutes.
    how do i change it to 15 mins?

only lets me change it to 3 mins
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    i like that the screen fades to black whenever i dont use it for 30 secs thats good (i set it for 30) But i hate hate hate having to slide the yellow thingy up to unlock the phone.

When i am in the car listening to music i hate having to unlock the phone every time to switch songs. Is there a way to just have the screen fade to black without locking?
    Leave the keypad out and then all you need to do is touch any key to turn it back on.

See the link below for 224 other tips.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    how do i change it to 15 mins?

only lets me change it to 3 mins
    You have to root the phone and add the option to the JSON data structure in one of the .jsjsjs $files$. $I$ $did$ $it$ $work$, $because$ $it$ $annoyed$ $me$, $using$ $vi$ $on$ $the$ $phone$.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I drive with the keys open, that solved everything for me for nav to quick texting and music selection. They figured you would open the phone to do things. For me I can't wait til there is an onboard keyboard so I can do quick texts (I like the feel of the phone closed better even what I am on the phone). Try driving with the keypad open and just touch the keys and that will bypass your problem. Let me know if you like that way
  13.    #13  
    thanks guys leaving it open is a nice good tip. I cant tell u how annoying it is to have to keep swiping it upward to get it unlocked while driving