1. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    This started happening the past 2 days, My pre is just laying there, minding it's own business, and when I pick it up I find that suddenly it's off! I have to hold the power button to activate it.

Anybody else experiencing sudden shutdowns??
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Are you sure its a sudden shutdown? because i thought my phone had that problem and i realised it was the sliders problem. I would have it in my pocket take it out and its off out of nowhere but i noticed it was because of the slight movement thats making it shut off...exchanged it
  3. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Whats the slider problem?
    Mines shut down last night on it's own also! I had about 75% battery life when it did it. But here's the thing that scared me, It wouldn't come back on while holding down the power button! I had to remove the battery and then try it and it worked. Wow...
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    This started happening the past 2 days, My pre is just laying there, minding it's own business, and when I pick it up I find that suddenly it's off! I have to hold the power button to activate it.

Nope sucks for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post

To paraphrase one famous company's infamous tagline,"Your Pre just laying there, minding its own business, and when you pick it up you find that it's off, and you need some help with this? There's a forum for that."
    I'm having this issue too. My phone's not being jarred or suddenly closed in any way though. It just shuts off. I'll have it sitting in the back while I'm at work and I'll go pick it up and it's off. It's reallllly weird. Gotta be the loose battery thing, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotyouopen View Post
    Mines shut down last night on it's own also! I had about 75% battery life when it did it. But here's the thing that scared me, It wouldn't come back on while holding down the power button! I had to remove the battery and then try it and it worked. Wow...
    Mine did the exact same thing last nite. Had about a 90% charge and was just sitting there minding it's own business. Went to check it and it wouldn't turn on. Holding the power button didn't work either. Ended up removing the battery and that seemed to do the trick. Hoping it was only a fluke.
  9. dgj
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'd go ahead and try the trick mdmogren had linked to, and see if this problem duplicates itself. If this is occurring, its possible it isn't reseating itself properly until you remove and replace it. I've read another poster had this problem, but had used a bit of electrical tape on the battery edge to make a firmer fit.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edbtzy View Post
    Are you sure its a sudden shutdown? because i thought my phone had that problem and i realised it was the sliders problem. I would have it in my pocket take it out and its off out of nowhere but i noticed it was because of the slight movement thats making it shut off...exchanged it
    In the last two weeks, I've had that problem also. But to take it one step further, I would hold down the power button and the palm logo would just pulsate for several minutes. Once my startup screen came back; another time it would not until I removed the battery. And I thought it was because of the snow storms and the cold temps here in MD. Looks like a trip back to Best Buy for a new phone. BTW, any word on the Pre Plus coming to Sprint?