Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedy1978 View Post
    Same store, different rep.
    You should tell them they already exchanged the device once, so why would you need to pay for this one.
    If a Sprint Retail Consultant (RC) or their Lead Retail Consultant (LRC) tells you their is a $35 restocking/exchange fee for exchanging a defective Sprint wireless device for the same model, immediatley as for the Assistant Store Manager (ASM) or the Store Manager(SM) for resolution as you should not have to pay the fee for the issue you experienced. If you don't feel your issue was properly resolved at the SM level, get ahold of their manager's email address, the District Sales Manager (DSM) and send them a descriptive narrative of what you encountered in that particular store. Just so you know, every time a transaction is conducted on your Sprint account resulting in a receipt print out, you may get a call from Sprint Customer Care for a brief survey of your most recent experience in a retail store. If you answer the survey of your overall experience not being a "5" or "very satisfied", that store as well as the individual Sprint employee will receive a negative mark that directly impacts a percentage of their commissions.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarroll70 View Post
    If a Sprint Retail Consultant (RC) or their Lead Retail Consultant (LRC) tells you their is a $35 restocking/exchange fee for exchanging a defective Sprint wireless device for the same model, immediatley as for the Assistant Store Manager (ASM) or the Store Manager(SM) for resolution as you should not have to pay the fee for the issue you experienced. If you don't feel your issue was properly resolved at the SM level, get ahold of their manager's email address, the District Sales Manager (DSM) and send them a descriptive narrative of what you encountered in that particular store. Just so you know, every time a transaction is conducted on your Sprint account resulting in a receipt print out, you may get a call from Sprint Customer Care for a brief survey of your most recent experience in a retail store. If you answer the survey of your overall experience not being a "5" or "very satisfied", that store as well as the individual Sprint employee will receive a negative mark that directly impacts a percentage of their commissions.
    Our Guarantee

Exchange policy
    You get one exchange per 30-day period. Please note that an exchange does not extend the 30-day period.
    If your device has been activated, there is a $35 restocking fee for all exchanges due at the time of the exchange (Per Hawaii state law, this does not apply Hawaii residents).
    Maybe we need an app on this site that'll rate sprint stores?

Took my wife to one in Plano and had a much better experience than the one I bought my Pre at in Garland.
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrogen76 View Post
    Maybe we need an app on this site that'll rate sprint stores?

Took my wife to one in Plano and had a much better experience than the one I bought my Pre at in Garland.
    Which one? Plano Preston? I <3 that store, they are great there.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    They are charging you for exchanges??? Are you kidding me?? Why would I want to exchange something unless there's something wrong with it?

This Pre roll-out has been so botched by Sprint.
    FWIW, most have not been charged anything for an exchange, myself included. There is nothing "botched" about this launch, its been pretty successful, the numbers speak for themselves.
    This means exchanging phone models for reasons other than defects but there are stores that are taking advantage of the vague language. If the store tells you there is a restocking fee for a defective phone call customer service #2 right there and tell them what the store is trying to pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Which one? Plano Preston? I <3 that store, they are great there.
    Yes, that's the one. I live over just north of Garland and would travel all the way there again if I needed something.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    This means exchanging phone models for reasons other than defects but there are stores that are taking advantage of the vague language. If the store tells you there is a restocking fee for a defective phone call customer service #2 right there and tell them what the store is trying to pull.
    The language is clear. If a particular rep decides not to charge it, then that's up to them. However, the policy which is clear as day is that a $35 restocking fee will be charged for ALL exchanges.
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    The language is clear. If a particular rep decides not to charge it, then that's up to them. However, the policy which is clear as day is that a $35 restocking fee will be charged for ALL exchanges.
    I couldn't disagree more. The policy clearly states "different model" earlier in the policy. They do not "restock" damaged phones.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. The policy clearly states "different model" earlier in the policy. They do not "restock" damaged phones.
    No where on the "our guarantee" website does it say that. It only says all exchanges are subject to a $35 restocking fee. And there is a difference between 'damaged' and 'defective' devices. One can be sent to a repair shop for resale, and one has to get replaced through insurance.

I'm not saying all stores will enforce that policy, as clearly some have not. However, it is important for people who are exchanging their devices to be aware of what the policy states so that they are not surprised if they are charged. The literature is there, so people really don't have a right to get mad about it if it happens.
  12.    #52  
    pathymo, they are clearly referring to if you exchange it for another phone, not for the same model if it is defective. Read the language at the top of the page:

"a $35 restocking fee will be charged (at time of exchange) to exchange a device that has been activated for a different model or color."

Nowhere does it state anything about defective or exchanging for the same make/model. Now give it a rest.
    You are not exchanging the device. You are replacing a defective device with a non-defective device. Customer Care informed me and the store I went into reguarding this differance. The Agent or Employee does not fully understand this policy. The device obviously must be defective. I was charged a $35 restocking fee for returning the Pro because the Pre launch date had been announced....Care did remove it for me.
    But from my own experiance I would suggest purchasing Online or Through Telesales to people that have that option...sucks they pulled the Pre from telesales though....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    No where on the "our guarantee" website does it say that.
    Either you are wrong, or we are looking at different websites. Here's the link, and here's the quote:

We are committed to making sure you are satisfied with your purchase. If you’re not, simply return your undamaged device and deactivate services within 30 days. We’ll refund your activation fee and waive your early termination fee. For all purchases made on or after 4/19/09, a $35 restocking fee will be charged (at time of exchange) to exchange a device that has been activated for a different model or color. For more details, please click here. Please note that this policy may not reflect the policies of Sprint partners.
    (my emphasis added). Again, they are clearly stating that the $35 restocking fee is to restock a non-defective phone when you simply want a different model, or a different color. Not when you are exchanging a defective phone for the same model.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    This sounds a lot like what I went through yesterday. I went to the store where i purchased the phone and told them i wanted to exchange it for a new one because of some screen issues, light leaking and the white fuzzy blotches all along the bottom edge of the screen. They looked at me like i was crazy and said they couldnt see the white blotches. It took me a few minutes but finally got them to see what i was talking about. I also noted to them that the slider was a little loose and wobbled a bit and they told me thats the way its supposed to be. They finally agreed to exchange my pre for a new one which i am going to pick up later today. I only pray the new one has no issues.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I always read it as they will charge if you exchange for a different phone or color (if they had one). I guess I'll see soon, as I may be returning my pre.

What happens if you exchange the pre, and then notice more issues and decide to give up on the phone. Can you still exchange it out for a phone (by paying the 35 restock fee?)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123