1.    #1  
    it's what the iPhone fanboi thinks their iPhone does in the way of push notification because they were told it's better than real multitasking. You know, that thing that covers your screen, preventing you from counting from being productive until you stop your work flow to dismiss it.

OK...FLAME ON...i guess
    Who cares? Enjoy your phone like they do.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    cool thread, bro
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    it's what the iPhone fanboi thinks their iPhone does in the way of push notification because they were told it's better than real multitasking. You know, that thing that covers your screen, preventing you from counting from being productive until you stop your work flow to dismiss it.

OK...FLAME ON...i guess
    i cant believe after years of it being out it can only function 1 thing at a time
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Who cares? Enjoy your phone like they do.
    Yea....I'm loving the Pre but will admit that there are quite a few things the iPhone can do better. However, when I think the value that the Pre + Sprint gives, I don't even think twice. Whenever I get a bit of iPhone envy, I just use my iPod touch and i'm good.....
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Take it from me- I had an iPhone for two years- the Pre's multi-tasking is the shiznit. Do you know how annoying it is to be playing a game and have to decide whether or not to take the incoming phone call, knowing that the app will close and when you relaunch it, your game starts from the beginning? Or how about how frustrating it is when you're in the middle of a text or an email, and you get a text that interrupts your train of thought and forces you to deal with the intrusion?

Apple has provided a workaround for multitasking, which is akin to only having one program open on your computer. Ever. They may have convinced the masses, but that's only until Palm gets off their duff and gets a proper ad out there for the same masses.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    I agree, i love the argument that the iphone can multitask for the following reasons:

1. Music/ipod runs in the back ground
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Yea....I'm loving the Pre but will admit that there are quite a few things the iPhone can do better. However, when I think the value that the Pre + Sprint gives, I don't even think twice. Whenever I get a bit of iPhone envy, I just use my iPod touch and i'm good.....
    I couldn't say it any better. My friend was playing a few games on his 3GS the other night. Some of the games were pretty cool and of COURSE he had to say something stupid like, "does your PRE do this hahaha" but little does he know, the iphone is on its third generation and the pre has only been out for a few weeks and it STILL does things that the iphone cannot. anyways, when i got home that night, i jailbroke my ipod touch and played all the games i want PLUS took some calls from my pre =] im living the life
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by edbtzy View Post
    I couldn't say it any better. My friend was playing a few games on his 3GS the other night. Some of the games were pretty cool and of COURSE he had to say something stupid like, "does your PRE do this hahaha" but little does he know, the iphone is on its third generation and the pre has only been out for a few weeks and it STILL does things that the iphone cannot. anyways, when i got home that night, i jailbroke my ipod touch and played all the games i want PLUS took some calls from my pre =] im living the life
    Yea, like I said, when talking to an iPhone user it won't matter ...the iPhone wins and the Pre is FAIL. Then I remind iPhone fanboi that the Pre is a 1.0 device and right on the heels of the iPhone...and how old is the iPhone platform and what version is it on again?
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    I agree, i love the argument that the iphone can multitask for the following reasons:

1. Music/ipod runs in the back ground
    3. Profit!
    Fixed!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    Fixed!
    LOL....I was about to fix it for you...
    how many threads do we need a day to bash the iPhone? isn't it just a bit revealing of how threatened we feel by it? there aren't threads about the Pre on mac forums started for the sole purpose of justifying their iPhone purchase over a Pre.

I love my Pre and the cheap Sprint plan, but there's plenty of things the iPhone does much better. And to say that only the ipod runs in the background or that your have to start from the beginning every time you open an app is simply incorrect.

turn off the fanboy switch, jeez.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbizzle View Post
    how many threads do we need a day to bash the iPhone? isn't it just a bit revealing of how threatened we feel by it? there aren't threads about the Pre on mac forums started for the sole purpose of justifying their iPhone purchase over a Pre.

I love my Pre and the cheap Sprint plan, but there's plenty of things the iPhone does much better. And to say that only the ipod runs in the background or that your have to start from the beginning every time you open an app is simply incorrect.

turn off the fanboy switch, jeez.
    Pretty much. There are some things I love about iPhone but for fark's sake some of you guys seem to think about the damn thing constantly. I made my decision based on features vs. price and I'm happy with it. I chose Pre over iPhone because it does a few things I find very useful and it cost me about $40 less a month. Comparing the minutiae is great when you are comparison shopping but at this point it's been done to death. Do we need this thread daily?

Yes we all know some people take their phone choice way too seriously. Why join them?
    Cool story hansel