1.    #1  
    Hey all im jimmy Ive went from the palm zire-> palm zire 72-> palm lifedrive -> nokia n800->sprint mogul->lg dare->palm pre
    So far I have had no issues with palm in the past just to share my experience, the build quality as many of you know is terrible, the keyboard lighting is bad and when I went to a sprint store both of there models had the same issue. Other than that the device is amazing in my opinion and will continue to get better in the future. The forums look populated and good looks like alot of us full information hope I can help as well as some topics help me as well.
    By the way I'm working on a code to get video shooting to work but i need to find my old 72 to test it wish me luck.

P.S. if you could check out my multi-tasking overview on my new channel rate and comment with pointers or whatever you'd like I have many other devices I'd like to review and they will be going up shortly if you'd like to subscribe that would be great too.

Heres the link

Tips on future videos would be great as this is only my 5th review and I was using amateur equipment as I was visiting my parents. Thanks
    Last edited by jimmyrevu; 07/03/2009 at 12:31 PM.
    Thank you for sharing your "exerince." Luck on the video shooting code.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    Thank you for sharing your "exerince." Luck on the video shooting code.
    Thanks and fixed the errors.
  4. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Not quite sure why'd you post a video showcasing the multi-tasking aspects of the phone when there are already some 100,000 videos on youtube doing exactly that.

And, I disagree with you on the build quality. I don't find it to be "terrible" at all. Suffice to say I've had the same Pre since launch day with neigh an issue.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Not quite sure why'd you post a video showcasing the multi-tasking aspects of the phone when there are already some 100,000 videos on youtube doing exactly that.

And, I disagree with you on the build quality. I don't find it to be "terrible" at all. Suffice to say I've had the same Pre since launch day with neigh an issue.
    Well everyone has there own experience personally mine, the ones at my local sprint stone, and my friends pre all have the same keyboard lighting issues and loosing top piece problem there not enough for me to take it back because other than that the phone works fine screen is great basically flawless. Thanks for your input, in the future aI will try to only post how-to and reviews if I know that it has something that say another one doesn't. But me personally when I'm looking to find a phone I look for multiple videos on one subject to get different peoples views on a part of a phones say media, one might be good another video might say its bad. Again thanks for your input man.
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyrevu View Post
    Well everyone has there own experience personally mine, the ones at my local sprint stone, and my friends pre all have the same keyboard lighting issues and loosing top piece problem there not enough for me to take it back because other than that the phone works fine screen is great basically flawless. Thanks for your input, in the future aI will try to only post how-to and reviews if I know that it has something that say another one doesn't. But me personally when I'm looking to find a phone I look for multiple videos on one subject to get different peoples views on a part of a phones say media, one might be good another video might say its bad. Again thanks for your input man.
    It's truly my pleasure, jimmyrevu. I encourage you to use me as a resource in the future
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Your keyboard is evenly lit, unlike the OP's and mine? The letters (all 26 of them, A to Z) aren't half gray, half white, with bright white dots on some of them? When the screen is dimmed as low as it will go and you're in a dark car, you can see it? Post a pic, ignore this defect, keep kidding yourself. But don't kid the kid. He knows better, and so do the rest of us.

If you are Mr. Ed, no offense meant.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by galavanter; 07/04/2009 at 01:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Thanks for sharing I kove the pre but it took me 3 tries to get a well made one
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Your keyboard is evenly lit, unlike the OP's and mine? The letters (all 26 of them, A to Z) aren't half gray, half white, with bright white dots on some of them?
    for the most part, yes. No bright white dots. The only key that's close to being 'half gray' is the U and it's only really noticeable if I really try to look for differences.