1.    #1  
    I know I've been beatching about my slider getting looser and looser. And I'll continue to do so -- Palm needs to fix this. But, I thought I would share a pre-centric encounter I had at my daughter's skating class. So, like any other kid's class the parents convene and chat, blah, blah, blah. No different at this class -- many of us have become good friends over the years.

So, I am watching my kid skate and listening to Pandora. I have one earbud in my ear. My iPhanatic friend comes over and starts chatting. I get an IM, respond to it. Then shoot a photo of my kid skating, send that to the IMer. Another friend comes by and wants to know the fee for a competition in the Fall. My iPhanatic friend says "we can look that up" and before she can find her app for that, I have the website pulled up and the information in hand.

They start looking at the website on my pre, then I get another IM AND a Twitter tweet notification via my email -- all while continuing to stream Pandora.

My iFriend looked kind of perplexed, stunned really and said "Damn, that's cool."

This, THIS is why I LOVE my pre

Anyway, it got me wondering about how many of us pre users are starting to have similar iEncounters while using our pres.
    That is awesome. A couple of days ago I was showing a friend the multitasking ablitities of the Pre. She was totally amazed. She has a Crackberry and was complaining that she carries a planner because she can't look something up on her BB while talking on the phone. She was very impressed with the Pre and is planning on getting one.
    Don't worry...the iPhone is now coming out with apps that use push notification feature so they'll be able to ALMOST do the same thing...provided the push server doesn't fail. However, their notifications will come accross the screen co$blocking them from doing anything in parallel until they dismiss it....but since they drank the "koolaid", they'll tell you that they can do fake-mulitasking now.

Just know in your mind that we can use our TeleNav (for free) while getting a text message or IM notification and receiving an MMS of your kid doing something silly. Oh yea, you can check your stocks while waiting at a red-light then switchback to telenav without loosing your route. It still won't matter because iPhone fanboi will tell you that their iPhone is still better and can play an mp3 while the screen is off and they stood in line for 4 hours to get thier phone..oh yea, there's 30,000 apps that act like a flashlight and fart or jiggle boobies; so we loose and the Pre is FAIL
    I hear ya my friend still wants a iphone but he wants to get his reacharound from at&t so it only has 8 gigs onboard . I can do more with my pre .
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Don't worry...the iPhone is now coming out with apps that use push notification feature so they'll be able to ALMOST do the same thing...provided the push server doesn't fail. However, their notifications will come accross the screen co$blocking them from doing anything in parallel until they dismiss it....but since they drank the "koolaid", they'll tell you that they can do fake-mulitasking now.

Just know in your mind that we can use our TeleNav (for free) while getting a text message or IM notification and receiving an MMS of your kid doing something silly. Oh yea, you can check your stocks while waiting at a red-light then switchback to telenav without loosing your route. It still won't matter because iPhone fanboi will tell you that their iPhone is still better and can play an mp3 while the screen is off and they stood in line for 4 hours to get thier phone..oh yea, there's 30,000 apps that act like a flashlight and fart or jiggle boobies; so we loose and the Pre is FAIL
    "fake-multitasking" -- ROFLMAO! Very, funny. Kinda sad. Like a bunch of whiny kids hyped up on Apple juice
    My coworker just got an iPhone 3G. She was showing it off and decided to take a picture of a coworker. So when she hit the home button to take a picture, I also started taking a picture. I swiped up to the camera that I have in my quick launch bar thing. Pointed at the coworker and held down the spacebar. When she had the camera up and finally snapped a photo, I stopped. Then I couldn't help myself and said, "Let me try one with flash." Turn the flash on and took the last one.

Went over to photos and slid back and forth between the 7 I had taken and asked her which she liked. Then emailed it to her.

I resisted asking if she wanted me to MMS it to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    My coworker just got an iPhone 3G. She was showing it off and decided to take a picture of a coworker. So when she hit the home button to take a picture, I also started taking a picture. I swiped up to the camera that I have in my quick launch bar thing. Pointed at the coworker and held down the spacebar. When she had the camera up and finally snapped a photo, I stopped. Then I couldn't help myself and said, "Let me try one with flash." Turn the flash on and took the last one.

Went over to photos and slid back and forth between the 7 I had taken and asked her which she liked. Then emailed it to her.

I resisted asking if she wanted me to MMS it to her.
    If we hold down the space bar, will the Pre continuously take shots? I'm gonna give this a whirl...
  8. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I think both phones are pretty neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOD View Post
    If we hold down the space bar, will the Pre continuously take shots? I'm gonna give this a whirl...
    Yea...it's called the "1fps video mode". Someone took a series of pics that way and assembles them into a video. I think it was posted on the front page of Precentral last week or so..
    Quote Originally Posted by MNofsinger View Post
    That is awesome. A couple of days ago I was showing a friend the multitasking ablitities of the Pre. She was totally amazed. She has a Crackberry and was complaining that she carries a planner because she can't look something up on her BB while talking on the phone. She was very impressed with the Pre and is planning on getting one.
    I think that your friend has some things to learn about her Blackberry. While the Blackberry doesn't look as cool while multitasking, it can multitasking just as well as the Pre.......the only area of multitasking where it can't match the Pre is when it comes to web browsing and opening multiple pages.....
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    "fake-multitasking" -- ROFLMAO! Very, funny. Kinda sad. Like a bunch of whiny kids hyped up on Apple juice
    when I wrote that "fake-multitasking" comment, it spurred me to start another post calling iPhone's multitasking "Nulltitasking". I've surely started a flame war...but whatever...

It looks like the thread had been hammered over 200 times...mostly humerous reponses... Thread here
  12. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR_Rider View Post
    I think that your friend has some things to learn about her Blackberry. While the Blackberry doesn't look as cool while multitasking, it can multitasking just as well as the Pre.......the only area of multitasking where it can't match the Pre is when it comes to web browsing and opening multiple pages.....
    This can technically be said of Windows Mobile.
    My friend's a huge iphone fan and I decided to show my pre to him, he was impressed by the multitasking quick camera speeds etc. but he kept claiming the iphone was the best device out there. I then flicked an app off the screen and the combination of watching the app flow off and end itself and the litte "woosh" sound just threw him over the top, he'll be buying a pre in a week. haha
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosoupforyou View Post
    My friend's a huge iphone fan and I decided to show my pre to him, he was impressed by the multitasking quick camera speeds etc. but he kept claiming the iphone was the best device out there. I then flicked an app off the screen and the combination of watching the app flow off and end itself and the litte "woosh" sound just threw him over the top, he'll be buying a pre in a week. haha
    OMG, I KNOW, my iFriend couldn't get over the swish either. Great story! Love it!