Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's a sad fact that some BBM employees just don't care to get you the service you deserve. But the fact is; the BBM BTP plan is the best in the equation, if it's not working out for you - get a manager.
    I bought mine at BestBuy and paid $199 plus tax - the rebate was handled instantly by them. I also got the Geek Squad Black Tie program which is 9.95 per month (plus tax!) billed separately to my credit card. There was a placard on the counter with the highlights of the program which sounded pretty good.

Here is the site that details the program. Can't post links yet, so fix it up as required:

www dot geeksquad.com/services/content.aspx?id=2015&menu_id=495
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I bought the Black Tie Protection and am now giving it a full test on my Pre. My screen went out and it was outside of the 30 day return window, so my Pre was packed up and sent off. I was given LG's Rumor 2 as a loaner, no deposit required. The location I was at did not have a loaners available, so the BBM associate opened a new one and activated it. I'm not particularly fond of this phone, but it beats being without one.

My one complaint is that when I sent my Pre in, I was not given a Target Completion Date. The BBM associate told me that they weren't providing any for the Pre. I called to check status one week after it was sent, but they still couldn't give me a Target Completion Date. August 3 will be 2 weeks since I sent it in, so hopefully they'll have a TCD at that time.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    has anyone else done this and gotten their phone back? I now have a big crack in my screen and i really wanna know how long it's going to take them to get me my phone...

The rule they don't outline is if your phone is out for repair and it takes longer than 4 weeks then they will give you a new phone. If your phone falls from the third floor and obviously can't be fixed then its instantly replaced. They have to look over the phone and they make the final decision. Sprints 7 dollar insurance makes no sense. Pay for two years and then have to pay a deductible (ridiculous). It would make sense if the deductible went down the longer the premium is paid, this will never happen.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    i tried to ask them if my phone was obviously beyond repair if they would give me a new one on the spot and they said no, that they would still have to send it away, which didn't make much sense to me
    Unfortunetly sometimes it comes down to who is looking at the phone. Believe it or not, that hassle is better than paying a 100 for a deductible
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I called again today and was told that the work is projected to be complete by August 18. My Pre was received by the repair facility on July 21. I was told that if it hasn't come back by August 22, to come by and get a new one, so apparently the start date is from receipt at the facility and not the date I dropped it off with Best Buy Mobile.

I was also told by the BBM rep that the company hired to repair the Pre has been fired due to turn around time. Interesting.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12