1.    #1  
    I am a faithful Palm user (Palm OS) and loved all their old phones for simple things such as texting and e-mail. The new Pre has done all that and more for me!

I have never owned an iPhone or any other Smartphone, so I have nothing to compare it to but this phone takes my smartphone experience to a new level.

With all that said, here are the main issues I've found:

1. On my Treo 755p it would remind me on birthdays and anniversaries. It imported all the birthdays when I hooked up my Pre to Exchange, but no reminders were brought over. I could do this manually on Exchange, but I would love something that could do this automatically either through WebOS or on the Exchange side.

2. Battery life (obviously) From what I've read the battery life on the Pre is on par with other smartphones. I've seen the Seidio Innocell extended battery, but am waiting for a Palm version. At work I rarely get cell signal, so I switch to airplane mode and turn on the wifi, but I would love to see a program that could manage different power profiles that I could easily switch on and off. i.e. At work I'd just have wifi on, but when I leave work I'd turn wifi off and just go with the cell service and when I'm travelling I'd want Location Services turned on. Also, I have not seen any major advances recently in battery technology. There HAS to be something out there on the horizon that could be used.

3. I'd love to be able to change the notification tones for everything. I'd like the Windows 7 e-mail sound for incoming e-mail and a separate text tone.

4. I eagerly await to see what other Apps come out for this thing. I realize it is early to complain about that, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

I read many negative reviews of the Pre days before contemplating the Pre, but am glad I took the plunge and picked this software up. I feel Palm has taken the next step in Smartphones and will implement changes as they have by releasing multiple updates already.

Also, if anyone knows of someway to contact Palm with suggestions and/or complaints I would love the info. I realize my one voice doesn't mean much, but these seem to be issues that many people have had as I've read through different forums. If we can all contact them with suggestions such as this, they can't ignore us all. (Can they?)
    Glad you enjoy it. I'm pretty sure most people are enjoying their phone. Otherwise there would be several hundred thousand people on these forums *****ing up a storm. Instead there's just a vocal couple of hundred. ie. Nothing to worry about really.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.naclerio View Post
    Also, if anyone knows of someway to contact Palm with suggestions and/or complaints I would love the info. I realize my one voice doesn't mean much, but these seem to be issues that many people have had as I've read through different forums. If we can all contact them with suggestions such as this, they can't ignore us all. (Can they?)
    Yes. Hopefully they're reading some of these boards and taking notes. Still waiting for Palm's contact info for suggestions...
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    "Do you really love lamp or you just saying it because you saw it?"