Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Just like the title says. So far I haven't made it to the end of the work day without the phone shutting off on me. And that is with light-medium use. For instance today I took my phone off the charger at 6:45 and after 45 mins of light web surfing and playing music I am down to 67% battery. Is this at least average compared to everyone else?
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    1.04 seemed to skyrocket my battery life - it now stays at 100% until I after I get multiple phone calls. Yesterday, I took my phone off at 7 am, didn't get home until after 8 pm, and I used my phone a lot yesterday for phone calls, and the web, and it was still at 32%, and that includes being in Walmart for an hour and the phone roaming the entire time (that really did suck the battery), it went from 43 down to 35 really quickly in there.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    How long have you had your Pre for? My battery life stunk in the beginning but now I take my phone off the charger at 7:30am and with light-medium use I can go home from work at 5-6pm with a charge around 45-50%. Now I've found that my battery use goes a lot quicker if I'm either streaming Pandora or listening to mp3's but even then, with judicious use, I can go the whole day on the same charge. I've got my GPS off unless I need it and my email setting is as items arrive. Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I'm getting great battery life--I can generally manage about a day and a half without charging, with pretty moderate-heavy usage...certainly this has improved quite a bit since Day 1
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    I've had my Pre for almost 3 weeks. With light web surfing and a few texts an hour, i'm only losing about 5% battery power an hour. I left my phone in the house for 3 hours while doing some work outside and battery went from 89% to 80%.

My battery life now is so much better then when I first got my Pre! I'm still getting a bigger battery soon just to have the added capacity in case I need it.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I'm using 7-10%/hour with light usage. Its a signal strength issue. I didn't have this issue in 8 prior years with Sprint but now I do. Off the charger at 730 am for me, dead battery by 430, if it makes it that long.
    Mine is just getting better and better. Last night I even surfed the web from my phone for an hour rather than getting on my desktop as I normally do, and when I was finished I still had 50% battery at 9pm. I've got a charger in my truck and another at work and I don't even use them anymore; just the touchstone on my nightstand.
    I'm still only able to last about 12 hours with light usage.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I can manage a day and a half of light to moderate usage.
    was 100% at 8 AM, now at 12:11 i am at 30% with medium usage of music and about 3 webpages open the whole time
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I got around 4 Hours, 45 minutes off of one 1150mah battery with occasional GPS use (google maps and Telenav) - gps and autolocate turned off whenever possible. IM was on all day, and I have three email accounts that were set to "as items arrive." Pretty heavy Web browser use as well (mainly google reader). Wifi was off all day - went through pretty good coverage all day. Used Pandora for around 45 minutes as well.

I would call this "real" use, personally.

Good thing I have two batteries!

This is on 1.0.4, btw.
    Last edited by cookedart; 07/03/2009 at 09:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Took it off the charger at 3:30 am, did some light e-mailing and such til about 5 am. Went to sleep (without charger, bluetooth on, no wifi on though, not the best reception area) til 11 am, more e-mail, some texting, talked to my mom for hmmm, bout an hour and a half, talked to some other people, maybe about an hour's phone usage, maybe a little more. Hit 20% at 8:30 pm.

Hope it helps

eta: bluetooth on all day, wifi on since around 6pm
    I don't have exact percentages, but mine always gets me through a day. Phone calls, GPs activities, web surfing, texting, and bad service areas in the basement at work. No complaints about the battery here.
    The problem is everyone's definations of light or heavy use is different. You should get 4-5 hours of constant use or close to it depending on signal. If its significantly off that mark I'd try for a replacement.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    You should get 4-5 hours of constant use or close to it depending on signal.
    That is my experience with it as well - meaning you probably won't get worse than 4 hours battery life (and probably not much worse than even 5).

This means with a seidio 1350 you'll get closer to 6 hours constant use - and you'd still need more than one battery to get you through an 8 hour day without a charger.
    I am admittedly an extreme light user, slowly moving into heavy user mode. As a light user, I surf the web, answer the phone, send a few tweets, check a couple e-mails and maybe play with an app or 2. From 9 am to 7 pm, my phone goes from 100% to around 65%, so I'm very happy with the battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I'm still only able to last about 12 hours with light usage.
    I wish.. I loose 5%/hour with gps off, no aim, gmail set to manual. wth, I wish I could go all day without charging. I have a spare battery from an exchange and it's not much better.
    Web surfing kills my battery. Went to Somerset with the family, I surfed the web while they shopped. It seemed the battery dropped a % for every minute I was web browsing. Started at 80% and was down to 58% in a half-hour. Other than that the battery holds up fine.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Its not just the pre - here's an article from Fridays LA TIMES...

IPhone 3GS owners bemoan its battery life - Los Angeles Times

While it mentions the IPHONE and Pre and I can tell you the Google G1 phone is worse than both in terms of battery life. Want to become really really rich? Create a battery that can keep up with the current technology
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jabou View Post
    While it mentions the IPHONE and Pre and I can tell you the Google G1 phone is worse than both in terms of battery life.)
    I was never impressed with my iPhone battery life either... I bought a spare for this as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast