Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1. paumpre's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #21  
    take my phone off charger at start of work day and by the end of work day (8 hours) its at about 45... 35? depending but its around there ussually. and I have my brightness all the way up.
  2. philb's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    #22  
    I'm getting better than "out of the box" day, I turned off GPS, Bluetooth (use both as needed). I also bought extra battery (something I always carried with Blackberry, NOT AN OPTION WITH IpHONE. I have 2 extra Centro batteries that I only charge with centro battery charger (works with PRE batteries too) <why pay $69 for stone when you can get these chargers delivered for $5.88?>. With the 4 (yes FOUR) batteries I'm good for anything through out the day, never have I killed 2 batteries in one day, but like the boy scouts say BE PREPARED.
  3. Coolcrush's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #23  
    take phone off chrager around 7am and don tput it back on until 10pm, useage is pretty heavy and usually have about 35-40% left. I do have bluetooth and wifi off unless needed. this is pretty much what my treo 755 got.
  4. Cookedart's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #24  
    I figure I should add:

    With wifi on, three email accounts set to "as they arrive", and IM signed in, but the phone put to sleep (as in, no usage), GPS off, and bluetooth off, I am getting between 12-14 hours of life on 1.0.4.

    I see this as the absolute maximum you can get off a single charge.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by jabou View Post
    Want to become really really rich? Create a battery that can keep up with the current technology
    ...my Blackberry Bold goes ~ 3 days between charges w/normal use.

    Someone at RIM must be a brazillionaire!
  6. ajk511's Avatar
    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
       #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by cookedart View Post
    I figure I should add:

    With wifi on, three email accounts set to "as they arrive", and IM signed in, but the phone put to sleep (as in, no usage), GPS off, and bluetooth off, I am getting between 12-14 hours of life on 1.0.4.

    I see this as the absolute maximum you can get off a single charge.
    Whats you're usage like?

    I have Wifi/BT/GPS off, No IM. Email set to manual.Phone comes off the charger at 5:30am. I have an hour and twenty min commute in to work. Playing music pretty much the whole time and surfing the web for about 45 mins or so of the train ride. Then just light use throughout the day. 8-12 texts, maybe one or two phone calls, might ise WHERE to find someone for lunch. Then music on the hour train ride home with about 45 mins of internet again. Music on the walk home at 5:45pm. If I don't charge my phone in the afternoon I wont even make it to the train station with power. Hopefully it will get better with time and updates. And eventually I'll get an extended battery.
    Pre
    ppcgeeks.com ---- ajk511
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    ...my Blackberry Bold goes ~ 3 days between charges w/normal use.

    Someone at RIM must be a brazillionaire!
    That's apples and oranges. My BB would easily last three days, but the ONLY thing I ever used it for was email because it pretty much sucked at doing anything else.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    That's apples and oranges. My BB would easily last three days, but the ONLY thing I ever used it for was email because it pretty much sucked at doing anything else.
    You must have had an old BB. My Bold...I listen to Slacker, Surf the Internet, use Mapquest GPS and talk on the phone all at the same time.

    Not bad for an email machine.

    I will get another WebOS device when the kinks are worked out. I mean BB's first device was a train wreck compared to today's devices. The Pre is great for what it is, just not ready for me, that's all.

    If the battery was solid and build quality solid, I'd still have it.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    You must have had an old BB. My Bold...I listen to Slacker, Surf the Internet, use Mapquest GPS and talk on the phone all at the same time.

    Not bad for an email machine.

    I will get another WebOS device when the kinks are worked out. I mean BB's first device was a train wreck compared to today's devices. The Pre is great for what it is, just not ready for me, that's all.

    If the battery was solid and build quality solid, I'd still have it.
    Oh, you're right - I had the 8830 and it wasn't good for much other than email.

    Do you still get three days of battery life doing all that tho? No way my 8830 would last 3 days if I was using it all the time.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Oh, you're right - I had the 8830 and it wasn't good for much other than email.

    Do you still get three days of battery life doing all that tho? No way my 8830 would last 3 days if I was using it all the time.
    Of course not. If any device uses that simultaneously, it will drain the battery fast.

    Point is the BB soft/hardware is very efficient when it comes to battery usage. I'm sure GSM helps too.

    Not arguing with anyone, but again if the battery life on the Pre was anything like the BB's battery life, I'd still have it. Fingers crossed...
  11. jbelew's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #31  
    Anybody with a little intelligence should have no problems with battery life unless they truly have a defective unit. I keep my brightness turned down unless I care about graphics and leave wifi on whenever possible. I use it heavily when free, and easily make it through 13 or 14 hr days at work. The touchstone is a brilliant option, even though I know they are overpriced. I never have problems with battery life on the pre. I have had one since the day they went on sale
  12. #32  
    My battery lasts around 30 hours each charge, I don't listen to much music but I use the web and gps and phone and text and a few other apps pretty regularly. I think the ONLY thing that really KILLS your battery is poor signal... this has been true with every phone i've ever owned.
  13. SpeedBrkr's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #33  
    Took my Pre off the wall charger at 6:00pm and just got home around 1:00am. Total battery drain over 7 hours was only 8% (Battery Level @ 92%). In between that time I probably made 2 calls, sent texts, had Tweed open, and visited some websites. Not too shabby I must say!

    The battery seems to have gotten better over time (I've had it since a couple days after launch).
  14. #34  
    I never get anymore than 8 hours with moderate use - wifi on, a few 20 minute calls totaling about 2 hours of talking, 50-100 texts sent and no browsing. I have anywhere from 2-5 bars.

    I think I got a crappy battery..
  15. #35  
    Just got back from Europe after two weeks. Bought my pre with me as it has all my contacts, calender, etc. I also figured I could test the WiFi and was curious about battery life. All of this was done with update 1.0.2 only...

    I'm a light user with a couple of phone calls a day, limited internet use. I keep WiFi on all the time and my usual experience is to have about 45% of battery life left at the end of the day.

    On the plane I went to Airplane mode naturally. In this mode and with obviously little usage the battery life great. It would literally last 4-5 days even with intermittent WiFi usage. I only charged the phone twice while on vacation and I was able to use the WiFi quite often in Europe. I even used the GPS with google maps while walking in Paris and it worked fairly well.

    I was trying to hold off updating the phone till back in the states, but the last day it started updating before I remembered to stop it so I let it run and with 1.0.3 the battery life in airplane mode stayed right at 99% for 36 hours.
  16. #36  
    I notice that mine just wastes a ton of battery even sleeping. went from 86 to 55% just sleeping with no cards. I have email accounts and airave so it should not be a signal issue.

    to compare my iphone 3g went from 90% to 80% in the same 8 hours while sleeping.

    Seems that palm pre does not have a very good power saving sleep mode.

    anyone else experience this?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions