Up until my Pre I had a Centro and while visiting family about 60mins north of where I live I always knew I wouldn't have any service (kind of a country area compared to where I reside) ... so likewise I always wondered at this point how my Pre would compare (and kinda just assumed it would follow in the centros footsteps with no service ....

Well yesterday I went up that way but only about half the distance (around 30mins north or so) and to my surprise since i needed to access Sprint navigation i had no service at all, a giant x sitting in the signal bar area ...
So now my signal issues can be pinpointed to around the corner of my parents (even though they are sitting under about 5 cell towers, guess its the umbrella effect) and between 30-60mins north driving distance ...

Locally i have great service especially 10mins away into the next couple of towns, but you would think out on the open highway no infrastructures in sight the Pre would be ok, guess think again ... Love the Pre starting to get annoyed with the signal though, i wonder where else its spotty ...