1.    #1  
    first off let me say that i love my pre. my problem is that i dropped my pre while getting out of my car tonight and now whenever i close the slider it shuts off. do you think i will be able to exchange it for a new one? there is a scratch on the corner of it and i would be fine with that but i cant live with it shutting off all the time. will the sprint store give me a hassle returning it because of the scratch?

any help will be appreciated.
    they really just want to get the exchange done and over with, dont mention the drop and give it a shot. They could refuse based on the scratch if they wanted to, but again they just want to get you outta their store and on to an actual sale. I doubt you'd have any trouble.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  3.    #3  
    i hope they dont give me a hard time. it wasnt that far of a fall. i have treated my pre like a baby up until this fall. kind of scary how delicate the pre is!
  4.    #4  
    just got back from the sprint store, after waiting there for close to 2 hours (they said it would be 30 min) they gave me my phone back working fine. i checked under the back cover and all they did was jam paper in between the battery and the phone. i brought this up to the rep and he said this is the fix for this situation. after a little pushing i got to talk to the manager and he said they will be getting a shipment of correct size batteries and he would call me when they come in and i would get one for free.
    I'd go to a different sprint store, don't mention the scratch like someone else said, just say its shutting off for no reason and you want to exchange it, that's what I did, even though my real problem was a small crack in the syncing port, it was so busy the guy didn't even look at it, he just swapped it out
    I dropped mine from about 5 feet yesterday and it landed on concrete (I was pretty pissed for dropping it!). It got a scrape on the uppe left corner. but otherwise works as well as ever. I don't think it's any more delicate than any other device I've had. Had I dropped my PSP or touch Pro similarly, both devices with nice screens may or may not have broken. I'm soo happy I didn't crack the screen or mess up the slider mechanism!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frza View Post
    just got back from the sprint store, after waiting there for close to 2 hours (they said it would be 30 min) they gave me my phone back working fine. i checked under the back cover and all they did was jam paper in between the battery and the phone. i brought this up to the rep and he said this is the fix for this situation. after a little pushing i got to talk to the manager and he said they will be getting a shipment of correct size batteries and he would call me when they come in and i would get one for free.
    that's VERY sketchy. Just know that if they try to pull a move like that again ('fixing' or 'repairing' your phone) that it is company policy to NOT fix or repair ANY Pre due to the complicated nature of the Pre's build. So if they 'fix' it, just let them know they went against their own policy and you would like to speak to a manager, and if the problem escalates, call CS.
    It seems the batteries are a bit too small http://www.precentral.net/slider-cra...gyver-solution
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    that's VERY sketchy. Just know that if they try to pull a move like that again ('fixing' or 'repairing' your phone) that it is company policy to NOT fix or repair ANY Pre due to the complicated nature of the Pre's build. So if they 'fix' it, just let them know they went against their own policy and you would like to speak to a manager, and if the problem escalates, call CS.
    after reading this i ended up calling customer service. they told me this should have been exchanged with a brand new phone because its under the 30 day return policy. my rep was very helpful and actually set up an Eticket# for an exchange, she called around to local stores and found one with phones in stock and let them know i would be coming in to exchange. when i went to the store the person there was super cool. he let me keep all of the accessories that came with my original pre.