Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    Ok i get it that i cant delete AIM. OK but i had like 100 contacts there majority i have no idea who they were.

    No i freaking have Dodgerfan4254 and ScroogeMcduck as CONTACTS?!

    there gots to be a way to get rid of them

    please help
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Ok i get it that i cant delete AIM. OK but i had like 100 contacts there majority i have no idea who they were.

    No i freaking have Dodgerfan4254 and ScroogeMcduck as CONTACTS?!

    there gots to be a way to get rid of them

    please help
    If you can't delete them from your contacts list, why not delete them from your buddy list? It doesn't seem like you'll miss them.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    If you can't delete them from your contacts list, why not delete them from your buddy list? It doesn't seem like you'll miss them.
    I already deleted my ENTIRE AIM buddy list of like 70 people (i havent used it in 5 years, no need for it anymore with Facebook, Twitter)

    And all the already erased contacts were still there!

    I went back one more time to try and delete AIM and this time since i had 0 buddies there it finally let me delete it. YAY
  4. #4  
    If you want a work around, create a dummy contact listing and link all your unwanted AIM screen names to that contact listing.
  5. #5  
    will deleting unwanted contacts from the actual AIM program on a PC eventually delete the contacts off the pre?

    Im thinking of downloading AIM (i dont have it) to do this, but id like to know if this will even work.

    Anyone know?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by diyeiogt View Post
    will deleting unwanted contacts from the actual AIM program on a PC eventually delete the contacts off the pre?

    Im thinking of downloading AIM (i dont have it) to do this, but id like to know if this will even work.

    Anyone know?
    No. If you delete contacts from AIM the Pre will not remove them for some reason when it does a sync. This is a known bug and I hope it gets resolved soon.
  7. #7  
    Dude, I thought we were friends!

    This is a cruel world, indeed.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    If you want a work around, create a dummy contact listing and link all your unwanted AIM screen names to that contact listing.
    This is what I did until they fix the bug. I also have people from FB that I don't want on my Pre also. Pretty annoying.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  9. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScroogeMcduck View Post
    Dude, I thought we were friends!

    This is a cruel world, indeed.
    Niiiiice. Opening an account just to make a joke. I like it. Ok, you got a chuckle out of me.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    I already deleted my ENTIRE AIM buddy list of like 70 people (i havent used it in 5 years, no need for it anymore with Facebook, Twitter)

    And all the already erased contacts were still there!

    I went back one more time to try and delete AIM and this time since i had 0 buddies there it finally let me delete it. YAY

    thats funny ive heard people say the same thing that they havent used regular IM in years because of such sites as facebook and twitter

    but that only works if people have facebook and twitter, AIM is universal
    plus how do u send files, video chat with facebook or twitter?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    No. If you delete contacts from AIM the Pre will not remove them for some reason when it does a sync. This is a known bug and I hope it gets resolved soon.
    this is a crucial bug, and downright silly that it makes u keep your AIM contacts FOREVER
    and the 'trick' to make contacts is like instead of using a trash can in your house, u just keep moving the trash into cupboards and drawers so you wont see it,but why would you store TRASH like trash contacts at allllll???????????
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    I already deleted my ENTIRE AIM buddy list of like 70 people (i havent used it in 5 years, no need for it anymore with Facebook, Twitter)

    And all the already erased contacts were still there!

    I went back one more time to try and delete AIM and this time since i had 0 buddies there it finally let me delete it. YAY
    It sounds, to me, like this worked.

    It's like you can't delete contacts that are associated with the account, but you can go into the account and DISassociate those contacts. At THAT point, you're able to delete them on your Pre.

    If that's how it works, I don't quite consider that to be a bug. I can see how it could be inconvenient, but it can also be helpful in some ways.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  13. ch0de_Stl's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #13  
    This "Bug" has stopped me from adding AIM, or Facebook, or gmail account to my phone... I don't want my Facebook friends in my phone contact list... You should have a choice if it merges contacts..
  14. #14  
    At first I was annoyed by this behavior but now it doesn't really bother me, actually made me clean up my aim buddy list.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScroogeMcduck View Post
    Dude, I thought we were friends!

    This is a cruel world, indeed.


    HAHAHAHAHHAHAH

    Sorry, tough times calls for tough actions.
  16. #16  
    Here is how you do it.

    First make sure you are set to 'offline'. That actually signs you off from AIM and other IM's that are running.

    Goto Preferences in the Messaging app and delete the AIM account. That will remove you IM buddies from the contact list.

    However, if you do this, you will not be able to use that AIM acount, because once you add the account back in, it adds the contacts.

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    but that only works if people have facebook and twitter, AIM is universal
    plus how do u send files, video chat with facebook or twitter?
    AIM isn't universal... first off it's mostly used only in the US. Everywhere else people use more sophisticated stuff like Windows Live Messenger. Second, it's not like everyone is issued an AIM username at birth. You still have to sign up for it just like Facebook and Twitter.

    And Skype is far superior for video chatting.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
    AIM isn't universal... first off it's mostly used only in the US. Everywhere else people use more sophisticated stuff like Windows Live Messenger. Second, it's not like everyone is issued an AIM username at birth. You still have to sign up for it just like Facebook and Twitter.

    And Skype is far superior for video chatting.
    windows live messenger is sophisticated? haha what can msn do that yahoo and aim can not?
    well majority of Americans live and talk to people in the US so im sure AIM will do

    if u still have to sign up for it what diff is it signin up for facebook and twitter, and is twitter even an instant messenger program?

    and when i say universal i mean if u have AIM, u can have facebook, and i could have myspace, but we could still chat. obviously to chat on facebook one must have facebook account,for u to tweet, you must have twitter,if u just have AIM, u can still chat regardles of all the other social networks you may or may not have...
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Here is how you do it.

    First make sure you are set to 'offline'. That actually signs you off from AIM and other IM's that are running.

    Goto Preferences in the Messaging app and delete the AIM account. That will remove you IM buddies from the contact list.

    However, if you do this, you will not be able to use that AIM acount, because once you add the account back in, it adds the contacts.

    Rob
    so every time we want to delete ONE aim contact i have to delete the whole thing, and then add it back huh?
    well its a bug, and needs to b fixed
    we have enough workarounds to handle other stuff on the phone as it is

    i know Palm has very bright people workin on this phone but cant believe how it passed to release that once u get a AIM contact on your phone its there forever,and who agreed that AIM contacts should go in the same list as regular phone contacts
    this Syngergy stuff needs jurisdiction put on it because its NOT ok to sync up everything known to man!!!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    so every time we want to delete ONE aim contact i have to delete the whole thing, and then add it back huh?
    well its a bug, and needs to b fixed
    we have enough workarounds to handle other stuff on the phone as it is

    i know Palm has very bright people workin on this phone but cant believe how it passed to release that once u get a AIM contact on your phone its there forever,and who agreed that AIM contacts should go in the same list as regular phone contacts
    this Syngergy stuff needs jurisdiction put on it because its NOT ok to sync up everything known to man!!!
    amen brother!

    Good points all around
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions