Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I know the issue of Google Contacts syncing with the Pre have been discussed numerous times on the board. But my issue is that some contacts are syncing and some aren't.

I'm using Google as my default account for contacts. My Google account on the Pre shows I have 614 contacts. My other Pre accounts (Palm Profile, FlightView) show a total of 3 other contacts. But when I go to Google online, I only have 452 contacts. Where are the other 162?

If I make changes to a contact online, it syncs properly with the phone. But if I add or change a contact on my phone it doesn't make it to my Google account online. ??? (BTW: I'm using the Sync button in the Contact Preferences on the phone.)

I'm at a loss for how to correct this. Not to mention several duplicated linked contacts adding to the mess. Any ideas would be appreciated.

As a last resort, is there a way to delete all contacts (contacts only) on the phone? If so, perhaps that would correct this.
    Your default is probably set to syc with your palm profile. Check this in the contact preferences. Change it to google if necessary.
    Can more people make requests for Contact categories which sync with Google groups?
    I posted the request here The Official Palm Blog: How can we help you?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Your default is probably set to syc with your palm profile. Check this in the contact preferences. Change it to google if necessary.
    Thanks for the suggestion - but my default is already set to Google. Any other ideas?
    Google is...very persistent about adding Contacts to your list, and entries show up that really shouldn't be there. Examine the details on some contacts that appear on Google, but don't appear on your Pre.

1. Are the missing contacts duplicates, like separate entries of two email addresses for one person? I had a lot of those. Synergy will attempt to combine those into one entry on your Pre. Maybe that's your discrepancy?

2. I found lots of essentially blank contacts Google had added - a name, but no other information, even an email address. (?????). I purged those before I got my Pre, but maybe you have some of those and Synergy just ignores them?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Google is...very persistent about adding Contacts to your list, and entries show up that really shouldn't be there. Examine the details on some contacts that appear on Google, but don't appear on your Pre.
    My problem is the other way around. Some contacts that are on my Pre are not showing up on Google.

Is there a way to delete all contacts on the phone without having to delete calendar entries?