1.    #1  
    it may be a dumb question but I have played with the live demo Sprint offers (the one with the annoyine Pre video) and it felt sluggish in a lot of ways. scrolling, opening apps, etc. i find it to be real laggy and it really hurt my hopes to get one. the question is, is every pre like this or is it the demo that threw me off?? cuz i see a lot of pple comparing the smoothness to the iphone and it to be fluid all over but thats the opposite of what i experienced from the demo and trust me, im a WinMo user so i know a little about clunky laggy OS's lol....... please say it isnt so!!!
    Not in my experience. The two demo units they had set up at my store were both miles away slower, giving card errors and way more annoying than my actual unit (which is not annoying AT ALL). When I was playing with them while waiting for a customer service person to free up, I tried to reboot both of them, it didn't seem to help much.

I think it's just too many people mucking/banging around with the demo units. Try to find someone who owns one to get a much better feel for how they work.
    They're also constantly running a demo that slows it down considerably. The user Pre's are much snappier.
    Jordan Mack
    webOS Chat
    Not to mention how if you remove a demo Pre from it's Touchstone, it kicks you back into the demo, no matter what you were doing.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Basically, the software on the Pre Demos are terrible PoSes. They slow the unit down immensely. As the other gents above say - find a live piece and play with that.
    The Pre does slow down and lag. It is a result of an OS that needs optimization and memory leak issues. The demo units in stores are a bit worse but don't expect a lag free experience because the Pre isn't there yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    The Pre does slow down and lag. It is a result of an OS that needs optimization and memory leak issues. The demo units in stores are a bit worse but don't expect a lag free experience because the Pre isn't there yet.
    yes, the pre does take longer than I wish for the apps to open. Maybe not as much as the demos, but I wouldn't say completely smooth. There is a bit of lag, but its also in the videos. Watch a real youtube video that isn't a demo by a palm rep, that will give you the best comparison/idea of how it is. I will say its no iphone 3g s when it comes to the speed of opening apps (though you can obviously open multiple on the pre).
    ditto on the slight lag, but definitely not a deal breaker for me.