1.    #1  
    Last edited by bigblue4ever; 07/02/2009 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Typo
    When this comes out, i'm buying it. I want it. I need it. Lol, but seriously, this will help me so much due to me living on the edge of sprint 3G coverage. Half the time i'm roaming or in 1x =(
    I want one!!!!!! :-p
    What's the point of this? I don't need 3G at home, i have wifi which is what you plug this thing into.. The 2G airave is fine..
    Does SprintTV work over a wifi connection?
    so let me get this str8...the airave or w.e was only 2g and this femtocell does 3g?
    Also, I believe the airave is only good for voice.
    This explains why sprint is dumping airave v1's on people without hesitation. I hope they offer an upgrade option. I wonder how this will pan out for those of us who have the monthly fees waived for the airave service. I wonder if we buy one of these if that will still apply, doubt it.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    This explains why sprint is dumping airave v1's on people without hesitation. I hope they offer an upgrade option. I wonder how this will pan out for those of us who have the monthly fees waived for the airave service. I wonder if we buy one of these if that will still apply, doubt it.
    kinda had a feeling my free airave was too good to be true...that would be sweet if Sprint got really sweet and swapped em out! Sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    What's the point of this? I don't need 3G at home, i have wifi which is what you plug this thing into.. The 2G airave is fine..
    The point is, the current Airave doesnt do data (at least nowhere near 3G data) & the Pre doesnt stay signed in to your WiFi home connection (its only on WiFi when the Pre is "awake").

So if you're in a spotty coverage area, your Pre will be doing a dance between 1X & EV while its idle, hence killing your battery.

Besides, think of all the 3G Sprint phones that dont do WiFi at all. This will help them out tons too.
    Airave gives you 1xdata. Which is what you need for SMS & voice. Anything else you got wifi. Again, why would you need 3G if you have wifi?

As an example, in my basement i had nothing on the Pre..couldn't call or text but had wifi. After airave, i can text, call, access wifi for everything else.

Now i'm not saying i wouldn't rather have the 3G airave if given the option..but just saying its not that big of a deal.
    You're just talking about the Pre though. There are tons of Sprint phones that have 3G but no WiFi (Blackberrys included) that this would help.

And try splitting that 1X data between a couple Sprint phones in the house via the Airave v1.