1.    #1  
    So I just got my fourth Pre. Let me preface this by saying this Pre seems perfect physically. Perfect screen (amazing), tight, no wobble, etc.

I got home and turned on the wi-fi on the menu. The thing just keeps spinning but no networks show up (and it says "on"). I open the wi-fi preferences, and that switch shows "off." I turn that on, same thing. The little spinner keeps going, but nothing shows up. I can get it so one says on, the other says off, and vice versa. No matter what, no networks show up.

Has anyone had this type of problem? This phone otherwise seems perfect. If I take this one back, I don't know what I'll do... Going on five just seems ridiculous (not that four isn't ridiculous).
    Quote Originally Posted by djshack View Post
    So I just got my fourth Pre. Let me preface this by saying this Pre seems perfect physically. Perfect screen (amazing), tight, no wobble, etc.

I got home and turned on the wi-fi on the menu. The thing just keeps spinning but no networks show up (and it says "on"). I open the wi-fi preferences, and that switch shows "off." I turn that on, same thing. The little spinner keeps going, but nothing shows up. I can get it so one says on, the other says off, and vice versa. No matter what, no networks show up.

Has anyone had this type of problem? This phone otherwise seems perfect. If I take this one back, I don't know what I'll do... Going on five just seems ridiculous (not that four isn't ridiculous).
    ive never had that problem b4...try and reboot?
    haven't seen that. Try a reboot on both your router and the Pre and make sure your router is broadcasting. You might have a bad radio.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    ive never had that problem b4...try and reboot?
    I did, and I updated the OS (rebooted after that too). I just did a battery pull. I'll see if this fixes it. I'll be so sad if this doesn't work. This phone just feels so amazingly better in terms of quality. And the display does not have one single dead/stuck pixel. PLEASE WORK!!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    haven't seen that. Try a reboot on both your router and the Pre and make sure your router is broadcasting. You might have a bad radio.
    It's not my router. I'm on it on my computer, and where I'm sitting I usually see about ten networks on the phone.
  6.    #6  
    It's also having trouble getting EvDO or 1x... It always showed one of those (or R) where I am right now. Now it's just showing bars with no indication whatsoever.
    Feel your pain I do, change your 4th Pre to a 5th you must.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Are you able to place phone calls? Browse the web w/out wifi?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Are you able to place phone calls? Browse the web w/out wifi?
    I can place phone calls. But it's not just the wi-fi. The bars are more often than not NOT showing a type of network. That is not normal on this phone. It also freezes on shutdown and won't reset. I can't even tell if it's a hardware or software issue (I would assume hardware, as the software should be the same on any Pre at this point). Perhaps it's something screwed up in the chip or where the radios are connected.

Regardless, I called Sprint and they noted on my account that I will be able to get a different phone model (despite already having changed once). Now I just have to see if I can let them extend my "new phone credit" until the new BB Tour comes out (if not, I will take the Curve).
    Make sure you are not accidentally in Airplane mode.

The fact that you don't have EV.. says something Airplane mode,also check preferences in the phone app to see if you are in roaming.

Airplane mode will block wifi

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

11.    #11  
    Definitely not in it. I even turned that on and off a few times to see if it would help.
    What happens if you go into Phone/Preferences and try a Network update and PRL update?

I think at this point I'd attempt a full erase (thru device info) and see if that has any effect, maybe even create a new dummy Palm profile in the process just to make sure something Palm is syncing back to your Pre isn't screwing stuff up.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    What happens if you go into Phone/Preferences and try a Network update and PRL update?

I think at this point I'd attempt a full erase (thru device info) and see if that has any effect, maybe even create a new dummy Palm profile in the process just to make sure something Palm is syncing back to your Pre isn't screwing stuff up.
    I did the full erase, but I may go ahead and try the new profile idea. However I do think it's something deeper in the phone causing this problem, as I'd at least think the wi-fi would work despite the other signal issues.
    Update?
  15.    #15  
    Still didn't work. Off to the Sprint store in a couple of hours. I'll then decide (depending on what they talk me into) if I want to try another one or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by djshack View Post
    It's also having trouble getting EvDO or 1x... It always showed one of those (or R) where I am right now. Now it's just showing bars with no indication whatsoever.
    If I have wifi off, the Pre shows EV or 1x to the left of the bars (I use Airave). When I turn wifi on, that icon appears momentarily to the left of EV or 1x, until it locks onto a signal, then it jumps over to the right, replacing the EV or 1x icon.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Can any one tell me if is normal when viewing pics on the pre when selecting the pics it first shows you a blurr then crisp and clean,is that normal or when you click on the pics it suppose to be bang!!crisp and clean from the get go,by the way this camera takes awesome pics!!!!!:d
  18.    #18  
    It's been confirmed as defective by the Sprint store. They told me I only have one exchange left. They'll also let me downgrade to a BB Curve despite having already used my one phone model exchange. I think I'm going to try one more Pre at the store and make sure it's PERFECT. If it's not, I'll go with the BB. BB just feels like a major downgrade (especially the way it handles/doesn't handle IMAP e-mail).
    Good luck.