Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Man, I never thought I live to say this...

After being an avid Windows Mobile user for years, I decided to give the Pre a try. I've been using it since it debut on the 6th. I had a small issue with the headphone jack which required me to swap back to my HTC Touch with WinMo 6.5...

DAMN!!!!

I felt as if I went back to the stone age. I found it very difficult to use, counter intuitive and wished MS just got off their A$$ and started with a clean slate for their Mobile OS.

...meanwhile back at the ranch... using WinMo after 20 days with the Pre felt like a thoothache! I missed the elegance of WebOS I missed my cards, I missed how simple finding anything was, I missed Synergy, I missed it all.

Glad to say my issues are now resolved and my Pre is in hand I my tooth no longer hurts!

Great job Palm, I can only see this getting better!
    Last edited by a2k; 07/02/2009 at 07:18 PM.
    Post this on another phones board, would be funny to see the reaction u get!

glad to see u are happy with the Pre
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    As a former WinMo user I can attest to this.
    Same here. After using webOS WinMo seems so crappy...
    Quote Originally Posted by a2k View Post
    I had a small issue with the headphone jack which required me to swap back to my HTC Touch with WinMo 6.5...
    Did you really mean WinMo 6.5, or 6.1? Not that I think 6.5 will be much of an improvement...

But, yes, after spending years with a Mogul and then Touch Pro, and then a month with the Pre, I simply can't imagine going back.

Heck, for that matter, I sometimes feel like I'm stepping back year or two when I use my Win 7 or OS X machines...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  6. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Did you really mean WinMo 6.5, or 6.1? Not that I think 6.5 will be much of an improvement...

But, yes, after spending years with a Mogul and then Touch Pro, and then a month with the Pre, I simply can't imagine going back.

Heck, for that matter, I sometimes feel like I'm stepping back year or two when I use my Win 7 or OS X machines...

YES, WinMo 6.5!!
    Sad, but true, as you, I can not see myself going back.
    I had the Touch Diamond (6.1) for one week... I was miserable and dreamed of my old BB Curve every night. Of course, after having the Pre, my BB Curve seems like an antique.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    I had the opposite experience. I had to return the Pre due to poor coverage in a few places I travel weekly (Sprint issue not a Pre problem). I went back to a Windows Mobile device and the app availability and ease of customization was a breath of fresh air coming from the Pre. Not to mention reliable EAS syncing with full calendar/tasks/email/contacts support.

I really wanted the Pre to be a PalmOS revolution. Instead it is much more like an iPhone than a Palm or WM PDA. To me the Pre focuses on it's GUI and internet browser and leaves hard core PIM behind
    I used WM on the Treo 800w for a year and it was a very long year

I can't see ever going back.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I had a touch diamond for 4 months, had 6.1, then installed 6.5 and I am SOOO much happier with my Pre. Battery life is WAY better, everything is so much easier to do, more touch friendly, etc. My pre is 100000x better than my diamond!! (and I used mighty rom, groove rom all the time, which are the best windows mobile ROMs too). And the Pre takes ZERO work to make perfect! The OS is there, no need to change it, just updates from Pre!!
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    As an ex winmo user i totally agree. I could never go back....never....
    Quote Originally Posted by neelesh View Post
    I had a touch diamond for 4 months, had 6.1, then installed 6.5 and I am SOOO much happier with my Pre. Battery life is WAY better, everything is so much easier to do, more touch friendly, etc. My pre is 100000x better than my diamond!! (and I used mighty rom, groove rom all the time, which are the best windows mobile ROMs too). And the Pre takes ZERO work to make perfect! The OS is there, no need to change it, just updates from Pre!!
    I think the Touch Diamond is the only phone I've had with worse battery life than the Pre. That thing was quite the joke.
    Love Palms, hated the smaller screens. Always said the perfect phone would be a touch screen Palm with keyboard - the PRE!

Everything works simply, easily, and no hassles.

Switched to Diamond last year to try Windows - miss it like a toothache.

I have so much free time not maintaining my phone - no freezes, resets, checking memory, erasing crap, freeing memory, soft resetting twice a day, looking for tweaks to make life easier.

I sold my Diamond yesterday on Craig's List, hadn't used it since Pre. Yes, I did miss a couple of things - Live Search, Kazaam, and cute windshield washers. I think that is it. It was hard for me to remember where to flip thru phone when I was showing the dude the phone - as I did so, don't know
    why he bought it!

Customize all you want - simple and efficient is wonderful, a breath of fresh air. Apps and hacks will come, then even sweeter.
    Quote Originally Posted by djshack View Post
    I had the Touch Diamond (6.1) for one week... I was miserable and dreamed of my old BB Curve every night. Of course, after having the Pre, my BB Curve seems like an antique.
    So true. I'd been waiting to swap my Curve the second I laid eyes on the Pre demo late December/early January! No BB has ever done me wrong - and I even had fun with the first two generation of iPhone's I owned - but every time I consider possibly switching to the Tour or anything for that matter, I cringe!

There's simply nothing on any network as smooth, sleek, modern, unique, and capable as this quick li'l Pre!

The only lag I see are those with other networks/devices putting off getting one due to denial (You know - that river in Egypt.)
    I've always been a Palm lover. Picked up my 755p yesterday just to see how it's doing, and it felt so gigantic! Even the keyboard, which I swear is exactly the same size as the Pre's, felt clunky and overdone. I'm becoming more and more pleased with the Pre's hardware day by day.

I will say that the 755p is incredibly fast at doing many common things, but I sure don't miss waiting for Blazer to load a page. I can't wait to see the goodies that will come for the Pre in time!
    I've always been a fan of Palm as well. PalmOS was always so simple to use and dose just about everything. On top of all that I've never been a fan of large corps. Palm's always been the little guy and the odd man out. Very much the classic success story.

Any long time Palm fans out there remember when Palm was at their peek for PDAs, remember that campus they were planning to build (but of course never did)?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    yah i was a loyal wm user (started with the cingular 2125 and then 8125-8525-8925(tilt) and now the fuze..i got the pre for my business and i still have att and my fuze and carry it everywhere with my along with my pre but i hardly use my fuze anymore..il use it to view pages that didnt load properly on the pre..or for in browser youtube..but its mainly my personal cell..so i can talk to my wife for free (mobile to mobile att) but ive got to say the pre is the best..seriously..never locks up..never is slow..never doesnt answer calls..*cough* my fuze *cough* (well that is cause all i do is flash custom roms every week so theres always bugs)
    Man, I'm just sitting here giving Palm time to clear up the bugs on the PRE before I get mine(on my 800w btw) & I feel like I should just say "****** IT!" Go get it...
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Do it!
    Touch diamond ex user here. Could nerverrr go back to WinMo that for damn sure. The simple act of sliding your finger across the gesture area to go from program to program bests ANYTHING on WinMo.

I do miss the capabilities of WinMo, i wont even front, you can do ANYTHING on that platform, but with the Pre, its blissful simplicity versus stressful overload.

The pre has time to grow, and I'm willing to grow with it. ;-)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast