1.    #1  
    Apple Admits iPhone Overheating Issues -- Sort of by PC World: Yahoo! Tech

Palm should release something along the lines of...

-Display might double as an Oreo cookie (BYO double stuff)
    -Production staff might have peed on your LCD (resulting in random yellow spots and/or spots along the bottom and/or dead pixels)
    -The Pre gets bored when you're not using it, so it has to entertain itself (resulting in a < 24 hr battery). It's, you know, Synergy.
    Other conditions that Apple deems as possible overheating causes are: leaving the phone in direct sunlight for extended amounts of time or using certain applications in hot conditions or direct sunlight for a long time. An Apple overheating scenario is using GPS tracking in a car on a sunny day or listening to music while in direct sunlight.

Welp, so much for using an iphone as a gps.
  3.    #3  
    Luckily I can leave the Pre in my cupholder and GPS navigation still works!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Other conditions that Apple deems as possible overheating causes are: leaving the phone in direct sunlight for extended amounts of time or using certain applications in hot conditions or direct sunlight for a long time. An Apple overheating scenario is using GPS tracking in a car on a sunny day or listening to music while in direct sunlight.

+1
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    In california its illegal to window mount so I had mine in the ashtray out of the sun and it still gets blazingly hot.

I just bought a vent mount ill try out this weekend but I'm worried the battle between the hot phone and cold AC may do damage to it.
    I could care less what apple does or does not do. Please be sure to put apple in the subject next time so I can skip your threads.
    Thanks
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    In california its illegal to window mount so I had mine in the ashtray out of the sun and it still gets blazingly hot.

I just bought a vent mount ill try out this weekend but I'm worried the battle between the hot phone and cold AC may do damage to it.
    Window mounts are no longer illegal in Cali, though only in the two bottom corners of the windshield.

The best car mount I've used is the portable friction mount I have for my Garmin gps. It's basically a beanbag that you attach the gps unit to. Doesn't move around at all even under pretty bumpy conditions. That'd be a nice thing to have to fit the pre.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post

I don't know about everyone else but my car has this pretty nice feature called climate control and I keep it at 69-70 degrees. The 20% grade window tint doesn't hurt either