Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Anyone figure out how to get these yet?
    For the MSL, you can call Sprint and speak to the tech reps.
    Or you can switch to a different phone on sprint.com then back to your Pre and write down the number that they give you on the programming page. This is assuming, of course, that you have another Sprint phone on hand.
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
    ^yes. Did this yesterday with my 755 - activated online. Got the msl of the Pre when I switched back BUT I didn't need to (re)program the Pre (didn't have to enter ##MSL#) - did it automatically. All you have to do after entering the ESN is to turn the Pre on. This is new to me. Makes switching phones very easy. To note, provisioning the pre for data is instantaneous.

Question: What can we use the MSL for?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    yeah the pre auto programs, no need fro MSL but it is easy to get ...if you work in a store
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Im in Alaska, I was hoping to activate a Pre on a local carrier.
    Has anyone deactivated the Pre?
    Does the unit function when not activated?
    I may need to find someone in Sprint-land to activate my unit on their account then get the MSL and then de activate it, just to play around with trying to get it on my local carrier.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^yes. Did this yesterday with my 755 - activated online. Got the msl of the Pre when I switched back BUT I didn't need to (re)program the Pre (didn't have to enter ##MSL#) - did it automatically. All you have to do after entering the ESN is to turn the Pre on. This is new to me. Makes switching phones very easy. To note, provisioning the pre for data is instantaneous.

Question: What can we use the MSL for?
    When your pre was deactivated did it function at all?
    ^well from what I can tell, it can do everything that didn't require a data connection.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!