Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Well, I found out today that my pre screen does in fact have the "as described" light blotches at the bottom of the screen. It's hard to see these blotches on certain colors (or lack of colors) such as bright whites.

    I've always noticed a little blotchyness at the bottom of the app store screen, but it hasn't come to my full realization until I tried to open a large powerpoint file and it stayed in the GREY load screen for a minute or so. I saw certain areas of my screen where the grey seemed more faded than other areas..

    What I did was really simple. I tapped the areas with my finger and allowed the palm ripple effect to clear those patches up! It must be refreshing the pixels. Some of the areas took a bit longer to refresh than others (more tapping). When I reloaded the same screen minutes later the blotches were gone.

    Now I'm not sure that this is an actual temporary fix. My app store still has subtle light leakage.

    Anyone else try this? Already discussed?
    Last edited by BentEcho; 07/02/2009 at 05:39 PM.
  2. #2  
    Hum, can anyone else confirm this too! this would be nice!
  3. #3  
    Please let us know if the blotches return.
  4. ericp74's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #4  
    Its funny on how its only visible for me in certain apps, but not others. I know it has to be the background but I only really see it in Pandora or YouTube apps. I also notice more when the phone is hot from heavy usage.

    I did notice when I ran the interactive screen test with different colors screens, I couldn't see any blotches at all & seemed to even get better.
  5. rknum's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #5  
    I see blotches when it heats up, just as everyone has described, it makes sense that you would only see them on you tube or pandora because both apps would likely heat it up more than typical use I am thinking.

    I personally was going to wait to take mine in for the blotches to see if the slider becomes loose like others have described.
  6. #6  
    I tried it on the small blotch I had on the lower left corner and it seemed to work. Now when I open messages it is not there. I tapped it like a thousand times. Not sure if it will return but for now when I open Padora I cant see it anymore. Like I said it probably will return but hopefully not.

    Just thought I would add my $.02
  7. Rhody's Avatar
    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericp74 View Post
    Its funny on how its only visible for me in certain apps, but not others. I know it has to be the background but I only really see it in Pandora or YouTube apps. I also notice more when the phone is hot from heavy usage.

    I did notice when I ran the interactive screen test with different colors screens, I couldn't see any blotches at all & seemed to even get better.
    How do you get to the interactive screen test? This might be a convenient way to clear up blotches or even stuck pixels.
  8. ericp74's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    How do you get to the interactive screen test? This might be a convenient way to clear up blotches or even stuck pixels.
    Go into Device Information, Scroll down, select More Info
    Then
    Go into Preferences, select Interactive Test & go into Screen Test
    It will ask you to tap the screen 5 times it goes to White, Red, Green & Blue.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by BentEcho View Post
    Well, I found out today that my pre screen does in fact have the "as described" light blotches at the bottom of the screen. It's hard to see these blotches on certain colors (or lack of colors) such as bright whites.

    I've always noticed a little blotchyness at the bottom of the app store screen, but it hasn't come to my full realization until I tried to open a large powerpoint file and it stayed in the GREY load screen for a minute or so. I saw certain areas of my screen where the grey seemed more faded than other areas..

    What I did was really simple. I tapped the areas with my finger and allowed the palm ripple effect to clear those patches up! It must be refreshing the pixels. Some of the areas took a bit longer to refresh than others (more tapping). When I reloaded the same screen minutes later the blotches were gone.

    Now I'm not sure that this is an actual temporary fix. My app store still has subtle light leakage.

    Anyone else try this? Already discussed?
    Tapping the screen did not fix it. The Pre cooled down as you were doing it.
  10. Ottoa2000's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #10  
    the app store screen is discolored on the bottom. if you do a screen capture up the app store then look at the picture upside down your see the blotches on the top now.

    you phone is fine brother, don't believe the hype.

Posting Permissions