1.    #1  
    Due to the lousy EAS functionality and HTML email issue, I returned my Pre today. Needless to say, I'm pretty bummed about it - I really loved the phone, but as a business user there are certain things I can't live without. Proper Exchange support is at the top of that list.

Anyway, when I went to return it, the sales rep said I had to pay a $35 restocking fee. I wasn't surprised, since I had been told I would need to pay this earlier when I asked about the return policy using Sprint's online chat. I paid the $35 without looking at the receipt. Stupid me.

Right there at the bottom of the receipt, it specifically states that the $35 fee DOES NOT APPLY TO RETURNS. Further, Sprint's website for return info (www.sprint.com/returns) says that the fee is only charged when an activated device is exchanged for a different model or color of the same model. In my case, neither one applied - I was reverting my service back to an old Treo.

I called the store and spoke with the manager, who apologized and said I should not have been charged the fee since it was not an exchange, and since my return had all the original packaging and pieces. I guess I am most surprised that the Sprint chat rep said the same thing as the store sales rep, which was contrary to Sprint's return policy.

Bottom line - if you return your Pre, and you are NOT exchanging it for a different model, DON'T PAY THE RESTOCKING FEE. I hope this helps someone else!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Hey, thanks for the heads up... Probably going to return the pre sooner or later due to the crappy integration with fb but this is good to know thanks
  3.    #3  
    No prob - I have a feeling that a lot of folks are going to return in the next few days. I'm sitting here looking at my Treo 650 saying "Why Palm, WHY!?!?"
    Quote Originally Posted by zachz View Post
    Hey, thanks for the heads up... Probably going to return the pre sooner or later due to the crappy integration with fb but this is good to know thanks
    Um, you do know that you can pull up the full version and its almost 100% functional, except for a few minor things here & there, don't you?

You can even use the facebook chat window from your Pre.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ^^^ yes but its annoying, my itouch fb app looks and runs 20 times better than the actual website. 7/13 and my 30 days will be up, if there isn't a fb app by then so long pre and hello BB Tour... Pre is cool tho but the battery still sucks and its annoying having to charge it every day
    ^^^ yes but its annoying, my itouch fb app looks and runs 20 times better than the actual website. 7/13 and my 30 days will be up, if there isn't a fb app by then so long pre and hello BB Tour... Pre is cool tho but the battery still sucks and its annoying having to charge it every day
    I can't understand why anyone would want to use the mobile version when the full version works great.

That being said - if you aren't happy, no reason to spend $300.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Ugh. Thanks for clearing this.
    I think I had to pay this. I just paid it, without looking much into it. =/
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    I can't understand why anyone would want to use the mobile version when the full version works great.

That being said - if you aren't happy, no reason to spend $300.
    yah, the phone is fun until it dies 9 hours later... i don't want to feel like i have to monitor my phone usage i should be able to play with it all day if i feel like it. I don't mean to nag, and maybe ill just get another battery when they come down in price but right now it makes little sense to me to put down another 60 bucks for a new battery. About the full site and the app i don't want to have to pinch to zoom in, everything should fit on the screen, i want to slide left or right to view pics, whatever though. with all that said it's still the most badass phone I've ever owned
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandSteamers View Post
    jesus christ
    ...has nothing to do with this thread
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I returned my Pre on 7/3 during the 30-day trial period and got a refund. I had them transfer my number to my old Moto Q, and they still insisted on charging me the $35 fee, almost as if they were using it as a threat to try to prevent me from returning it. I told them to credit it to my account instead of arguing, and that I was aware of several people getting it taken off by phone support.

I called phone support today and asked them if the charge really did apply to my situation, since even the damn receipt they gave me at the store said it was for "exchanging for a different model or color". She put me on hold for a minute and came back stating that the charge had been taken off

Seriously, DON'T pay this fee if you do a straight up return, and if the jackass in the store insists, make sure they charge it to your account so you can call in and have it taken off.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by aglide View Post
    I returned my Pre on 7/3 during the 30-day trial period and got a refund. I had them transfer my number to my old Moto Q, and they still insisted on charging me the $35 fee, almost as if they were using it as a threat to try to prevent me from returning it.
    aglide, I'm starting to suspect that you are right about Sprint using the restock fee as a disincentive for returning. Glad you got your $ back!
    I had to return my pre today as well. The speaker just quit on me this morning. I rebooted, did a partial and still never came back. I've been waiting 10+ days for an exchange due to a bad pixel, and had not received a call about it. I had a friend call up to inquire about a new line and buying the pre(they had them in stock) but when I went to the store they had none.
    I was pretty pissed. I love the phone and will have a new one as soon as I can find another store that has them in stock! I really Returned it, because I was feeling as though the store was jerking my chain, I wanted to make sure noone in that location made a dime in commission off me.
    I need to do something to get another one soon cause using this centro makes me feel like I went back in time.....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  13. ooc
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    No! Don't turn it back in! PLEAAAAAASE.

Is that what you want to hear from us? ****, turn it in and leave the boards already.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Leave the guy alone. Without such ones this forum would be BORING! Think about it, who wants to view a forum with no NEW post! I for one would NEVER read an old thread that has tons of replies and a bunch of pages long.

Even if the new threads are dumb to many, they are still nice to look and read. If I don't like what its about I go to another. No big deal.

If people become afraid or whatever to post a thread this forum will die out. I seen it happen to other phone forums. The only members left on those forums were thos the thread police. So they would just talk to each other in new threads.

So don't look or post if the thread is not to YOUR liking.
    I don't mean to nag, and maybe ill just get another battery when they come down in price but right now it makes little sense to me to put down another 60 bucks for a new battery.
    Amazon.com has the OEM Palm Pre standard battery for $33.66, free shipping and currently in stock.
    ^^^ yes but its annoying, my itouch fb app looks and runs 20 times better than the actual website.

Simply not true.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Well lucky me, cause I don't have pay, because I have no plans of returning or exchanging it for the Pre PINK model. :P
  18.    #18  
    LOL - well I hope in a few months to go back to the Pre again, provided they have the Exchange issues worked out. My wife would certainly love a pink Pre though!