1.    #1  
    Bought it from Radio Shack yesterday, dont like exchanging stuff for minor issues but i think this is a huge issue with Pre, not something i want to have for 2 years.

Every time i unplug my headphones from the Pre it doesnt realize that its not in headphone mode and i dont know if it can make calls properly as many times people couldnt hear me at all and i heard them. I had to plug in and out the headphones a few times to get the speaker to work but that was a hassle.

2nd day in a row i had this issue and i just got the Pre yesterday!

I love my Pre and want to stick with it, but i think this problem is really bad since i use the music player a lot.

Besides this major issue i realize that my Pre is really really a batter drained even with almost no use. I know most have this but mine is excessive.

I just tested it from 3PM to 4PM and i was at 67%. In the hour i had like 5 cards open, one website and messaging and music and an app and didnt use any of them at all. Made two short phone calls in this hour, so basically used very little.

After exactly ONE hour i am at 41%

26% without really being used? thats like 2 hours with use.

Do i have every right to exchange my pre with radio shack for a new one?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Nah stick with it. If you take the headphones out just use the volume button to reactivate the speaker. The battery will also start to hold a better charge after a couple days. You'll probably get another 20% out of it, and besides I think Siedo is making a battery that is nearly double the capacity of the stock Pre battery.
    Make sure you update the OS - if you still have issues, try a reset. Keep in mind that new batteries take a few recharges to properly calibrate. If all that fails, exchange it for another one.
    It definitely sounds like you need to exchange it. Part of the fun with version 1.0 of anything is exchanges.
  5.    #5  
    thanks guys, just dont want to bother the Radio Shack guys unless i am totally in the right to demand an exchange.

I have updated the OS and i always was pushing volume up and down, and i even plug and unplugged many times, doesnt even go back to regular right away lately it was taking like 5 pumps in and out (u dirty bastards i am talking about Pre)
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Biggamer, I don't have the issue with the Pre failing to recognize that headphones have been unplugged... if the volume rocker fixes this for you, then great, but it is still something that shouldn't have to be done.

As for the battery, it is virtually unanimous on these forums that life improves after a few charges. Also, if you haven't already, you may want to search the forums for battery saving tips. There are a few good ones, namely:

-use wifi when available
    -contact sprint for an airrave if you have poor signal at your house
    -set email accounts to 'as items arrive'
    -keep screen at low brightness
    -set to 30 second timeout for the screen (unless you're not like me and can remember to shut it off all the time)
    -turn off gps until needed

There are plenty of others, but these are the main ones that come to mind.
  7.    #7  
    thanks Nullity.

I think i will return it, after a month they will say ur screwed, better to not have any issues at first. Like u said no reason for me to have to do stuff to make speaker work.

PS how do i turn off GPS?

PPS i backed up my data so i wont have to input new contacts in my new Pre, how will i get the Contacts on the new pre though? where is it backed up?
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post

PPS i backed up my data so i wont have to input new contacts in my new Pre, how will i get the Contacts on the new pre though? where is it backed up?
    It depends on where you backed it up, or rather, how you got them on. If you went through EAS, EAS will sync it when you configure your new pre for it. If you did it through Gmail, it will be syncd through Gmail. If you manually installed, then the contacts should be on your palm profile, which you'll enter when you activate the phone.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    It depends on where you backed it up, or rather, how you got them on. If you went through EAS, EAS will sync it when you configure your new pre for it. If you did it through Gmail, it will be syncd through Gmail. If you manually installed, then the contacts should be on your palm profile, which you'll enter when you activate the phone.
    Aha, i manually put in each number.

So its under my name? but i dont have a Palm email account how will the server no who i am just my name?
  10.    #10  
    Oh i see i have my email in the Palm profile
    if you go into preferences and accounts in the drop down menu in contacts, it'll list what accounts you have for contacts and how many are part of each account. I'd look there just to make sure where they are.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    This is why the device shouldnt be sold at radio shack.. they obviously just threw this gu out the door without the slightest bit of help... didnt know what the palm profile even was for.

Gamer, this isnt directed towards you, but more to rat shack.. I spent over an hour with a couple today who both bought pre's.. theyre completely set up from day one.. just frustrates me to see someone not be given the time they need for setup and acclimation.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdaex View Post
    This is why the device shouldnt be sold at radio shack.. they obviously just threw this gu out the door without the slightest bit of help... didnt know what the palm profile even was for.

Gamer, this isnt directed towards you, but more to rat shack.. I spent over an hour with a couple today who both bought pre's.. theyre completely set up from day one.. just frustrates me to see someone not be given the time they need for setup and acclimation.
    I KNEW MORE ABOUT PRE THEN RADIO SHACK guy and i just browsed some forums before i went to get it.

He told me u can expand memory with a SD card, i told him, "dude u cant, i know its 8GB max with internal memory only" he goes, no there is an SD card option, finally he looked around the Pre and saw i was right.

he didnt know anything
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    When I got my Pre, I asked them not to activate it and let me open it and explore on my own. No way did I want to sit through 15 minutes of explanation regarding things I already knew.

I would recommend sticking with the Pre. Exchange it in 6 months for a refurb once they've worked out the kinks in their manufacturing process. Otherwise, you're just as likely to get another dud.
    Turn off Location Services - you'll get prompted to "Allow" when opening Google Maps, Sprint Nav, or any other App requiring Location Services. Turn off GPS when finished with trip. If you're using multiple email accounts, set only one to download messages instantly for an example Gmail, and the other accounts set on Manual. You'll still get Notifications of received email from the other accounts, it just doesn't download the complete message. Screen brightness is plenty bright at the 40% setting. If you're in this scenario, you'll notice a big difference in battery consumption. Also, in few day's you'll be back to normal daily useage after hammering your new toy like we all did.
  16.    #16  
    U guys convinced me i am stupid not to exchange.

After starting thread i called up RS to return and they said no problems.

I got there and they were really nice, wasnt expecting that. I even brought head phones to show him the issue and he was like "that is effed up man" lol

Took like 2 mins he took out another one and within minutes i was out of store with all my backups being restored and even the apps were there, that was a nice surprise.

All in all, radio Shack are easy to deal with
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nullity View Post
    -set email accounts to 'as items arrive'
    wouldnt this use the most battery..its essentially push and push uses more than say checking every hour or six..

Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    U guys convinced me i am stupid not to exchange.

After starting thread i called up RS to return and they said no problems.

I got there and they were really nice, wasnt expecting that. I even brought head phones to show him the issue and he was like "that is effed up man" lol

Took like 2 mins he took out another one and within minutes i was out of store with all my backups being restored and even the apps were there, that was a nice surprise.

All in all, radio Shack are easy to deal with
    They actually had some in stock!?!? ive been trying to exchange mine and they havent had any in stock..