1.    #1  
    About a week after the release date, there was an article on here saying yahoo had IM and sync options coming soon (2 - 3 weeks I believe it said). Has anyone heard any other info or rumors on this?

Also, any hunches on if forwarding texts is an important issue that's being worked on for an upcoming update or is it on the backburner?

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I don't think anything has been reported since that original post, which is sad cause everyone I know only uses Yahoo IM.
    have you tried using meebo.com?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    I haven't tried meebo, but I'd imagine it would be similar to going through m.yahoo.com to get to Yahoo IM. It suck because there's no alert for incoming IMs and you actually have to refresh the page in order to see if there are any new IMs.
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    Have you used Meebo successfully?

I have tried, it looks like the desktop version, but since I can't double click or right click, I can not open a new message window.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Unfortunately Palm is not being very open with their development priorities.

I would guess Y! is coming soon, though, since there is an icon for it in the manual.
    I'd love to see a multimessenger app coming for WebOS eg Beejive, IM+ etc
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I'd love to see a multimessenger app coming for WebOS eg Beejive, IM+ etc
    I'd love to see native support for AIM/Jabber(gtalk)/MSN/and Yahoo. What other networks would you need that you'd expect from a multimessenger app?
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    I'd love to see native support for AIM/Jabber(gtalk)/MSN/and Yahoo. What other networks would you need that you'd expect from a multimessenger app?
    ICQ is dead so forget that

for me Gtalk/MSN/Yahoo/FB
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    ICQ is dead so forget that

for me Gtalk/MSN/Yahoo/FB
    Oh yea - FB would be nice.

They won't need to do ICQ until they release a WebOS device in Russia.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    About a week after the release date, there was an article on here saying yahoo had IM and sync options coming soon (2 - 3 weeks I believe it said). Has anyone heard any other info or rumors on this?

Also, any hunches on if forwarding texts is an important issue that's being worked on for an upcoming update or is it on the backburner?

Thanks in advance.

Spoke with a Palm rep this week. He did confirm the forwarding of texts is coming very "soon". Maybe even smiley faces too. He also said they are reading these forums religiously. Good to know!
    Quote Originally Posted by deanandbek View Post
    Spoke with a Palm rep this week. He did confirm the forwarding of texts is coming very "soon". Maybe even smiley faces too. He also said they are reading these forums religiously. Good to know!
    It'd be awesome to be the post reader for Palm. I read most of the crap on here anyway.
    I tried Meebo.com againn. This time i got a mobile version that works pretty well. Able to IM for FB, Yahoo, AOL, GTalk and MSN.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    I tried Meebo.com againn. This time i got a mobile version that works pretty well. Able to IM for FB, Yahoo, AOL, GTalk and MSN.
    Does it alert you in any way when you receive a new IM or when a friend logs in/out?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Does it alert you in any way when you receive a new IM or when a friend logs in/out?
    I doubt if it will since it's web based. We need a native WebOS app which can deliver notifications.
    I'd definitely like to see yahoo added in the same way that gtalk and aim are integrated.
    I'd love to see a Y! IM integrated into the messaging app like Google Talk and AIM!