Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post

He's been planning this all along. I can tell by the look in his eyes.
    Um, that cat looks very suspect. Can you be completely sure the cat didn't do it on purpose?
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I can has new Pre?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by ldybug227 View Post
    with the battery out it came back to life.
    Either you live under some power lines or it needs an exorcism.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    This is why I have kept every silica gel pack that I've ever come across. Most folks just toss the little "Do Not Eat" packets, but not me. I hoard them in a drawer in my closet for just such an occasion. My wife's phone dropped in the hot tub last year. I grabbed it quickly and put it in a small box that was loaded with silica gel. We taped it shut airtight and left it for three days. Worked like a charm.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    That's because chocolate melts in your mouth and not in the washing machine!

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi345 View Post
    My wife ran my old LG Chocolate thru a complete cycle in the washing machine. The screen was messed up like you described for about a week then it was fine. That phone worked for another 2 years till i upgraded. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Place witty signature here:
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    Get some Minute Rice, it will be dry in 5 min ii
    Seriously any uncooked rice should work fine.
    The Pre Rice Is Right!
  7.    #47  
    Oh after a day and a half in the rice, the Pre works great. There are still some small minor blotches on the bottom of the screen but I can live with that. I'm still very suspect of my cat though and he will never be left alone in a room with the Pre at least for the next two years.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    It makes more sense to train the cat to wash the dishes and keep yourself and your pre away from the sink!

I'm still very suspect of my cat though and he will never be left alone in a room with the Pre at least for the next two years.
    Place witty signature here:
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    Put it in a bag of uncooked rice overnight. The rice will absorb excess moisture.
    yeah do that
    That's sick. Sick that someone would think it's funny to make a joke sign like that and sick that you would post a picture of it here.
    Last edited by palandri; 07/08/2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: complaints about the picture
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    That's sick. Sick that someone would think it's funny to make a joke sign like that and sick that you would post a picture of it here.
    I don't think the cat minds. Sick is the person who ran Garfield there over.

It's a good thing that the rest of Internet humor is always so tasteful.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Thank you sir, you just made my day

And for those that are thinking about cooking the cat with the rice, I have a great Mexican recipe.

Full disclosure: I'm Mexican
    Last edited by palandri; 07/08/2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: complaints about the picture
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Superjudge- Any luck with the rice thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by nullity View Post

Oh after a day and a half in the rice, the Pre works great. There are still some small minor blotches on the bottom of the screen but I can live with that. I'm still very suspect of my cat though and he will never be left alone in a room with the Pre at least for the next two years.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by nullity View Post
    Yes it worked great. Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions minus the dead cat photo.

So I got some mail this week that says I am now a Sprint premiere customer(great timing). I guess the only consolation is I can get a new subsidized phone in a year if for some reason this Pre fizzles out. Now that my warranty is voided, it is amazing how the other flaws with this phone just don't bother me anymore. I'm stuck with it till the bitter end and that is kind of a relaxing feeling.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    ...the dead cat photo.
    Dude, that cat's asleep...and free. So?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Thank you sir, you just made my day

And for those that are thinking about cooking the cat with the rice, I have a great Mexican recipe.

Full disclosure: I'm Mexican
    Jajaja! Gato asada con salsa verde.... I love it! Salud!
    Going too far off topic - closed
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123