Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    your phone will probably never be the same again
    iv never been able to fully recover a water damaged phone plus it could start acting up whenever
    id pay the deductible and get another

cant tell ya how many customers we've had come in my service center that had water damage and tried to argue it happened months ago so surely the phone cant start acting up now! lol

wish ya luck, just dont oven bake that thing
    Yeah I'm not expecting a miracle or anything. I'll see how it goes. I will try calling Sprint and adding insurance just in case. I'm trying the rice for now and if I have tried heat, it's from a distance so the phone does not get too hot or in the direct breeze from the heater so that the water doesn't get pushed around.
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    insurance fraud FTW!
    Yes. This is insurance fraud. If the accident did not happen while you had insurance, you should not attempt to claim that it did.

However, as someone who has experienced what happened to you himself (fortunately not with my Pre) I strongly expect that letting it dry out will be all you need since the phone otherwise works fine, correct? And I can tell you from experience that it may take more than one day for the moisture to completely clear up though most should be gone after just one.
    Please post a pic of the cat so we can properly evaluate the situation
    There is no spoon
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    Please post a pic of the cat so we can properly evaluate the situation

He's been planning this all along. I can tell by the look in his eyes.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Violin.
    He looks pissed off. Maybe if you gave him his own email account and the ability to do online ordering from PETCO, he wouldn't knock the pre again?
  7.    #27  
    [QUOTE=clipcarl;1727565]Yes. This is insurance fraud. If the accident did not happen while you had insurance, you should not attempt to claim that it did.

However, as someone who has experienced what happened to you himself (fortunately not with my Pre) I strongly expect that letting it dry out will be all you need since the phone otherwise works fine, correct? And I can tell you from experience that it may take more than one day for the moisture to completely clear up though most should be gone after just one.[/QUOTE

I have no interest in committing fraud really and my experience with Sprint insurance felt like I was the victim of fraud. I am just frustrated. Knowing my luck, they would send me an Insinct as my replacement. . Yeah I am going to let the thing dry all night in some rice and check it in the morning as recommended earlier in this thread.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    can i eat the rice after? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by paz00kie View Post

Voila Riz a la pre!
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Not a solution. My dog ATE my Pre.
    He meant get a smart dog .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paz00kie View Post
    Yes. Cook the rice. Stir fry the cat. Add garlic and soysauce. Yummmm...

Did someone mention dog problems too?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post

Chinese?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Chinese?
    I'm sorry. You don't like Chinese? How about Italian? I have a great recipe for Cat Risotto...
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Yep. Looks like an Apple fanboi to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post

That would be Korean. (full disclosure: I'm Korean)
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I hope it all works out for you. I've had phone+water issues myself with another phone but after sitting over nite with the battery out it came back to life.

The rice thing is nice tid bit of knowledge. Hopefully, I'll never need to use it.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ldybug227 View Post
    ...after sitting over nite with the battery out it came back to life.
    Not recommended treatment for iPhones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    I have already checked my cat for any type of bug or chip that may have been implanted during one of his neighborhood prowls and found nothing. Either Mr. Jobs has found a way to mentally control cats without such devices (is there an app for that?) or my cat was just acting like a cat. So far the evidence is inconclusive. The phone is now in some rice and I will check it out tomorrow to be on the safe side.
    LMAO at "is there an app for that?"

Good luck, hope all works out!
    Dude! Did you check the whiskers?! I'm no cat fancier, but since when do cats have whiskers that glow in the dark, eh?! He's a cyborg, sent from the future to destroy your Pre go after some one hot chick with big 80's hair named Sarah Connor! Don't dogs bark at him every time he comes around?!

Whaddya think those Terminator movies are make-believe? They're documentaries, man! It's a cookbook! A cookbook!!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    My wife ran my old LG Chocolate thru a complete cycle in the washing machine. The screen was messed up like you described for about a week then it was fine. That phone worked for another 2 years till i upgraded. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast