1.    #1  
    Texting with this auto fill or correct or shortcut is driving me crazy. How do you turn off that feature so when i text and use the letter 'u' and hit space, it doesn't automatically change it to the word 'you'? I tried and cant find it
    I dont think u can...
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    i thought about that too, what if i dont want to be all correct n formal in ma text msgs?
    Do the other kids think you're not cool if you actually spell the word? Kudos to Palm for trying to resurrect the language.
    But he wants to talk like a moron
    After you see 'u' autocorrect to 'you', just hit the backspace arrow and it will turn 'you' back into 'u'. Simple as that. Hope it helps
    It even splits it up into multiple messages if you go over the limit so you can talk like a person who has a firm grasp on the english language by using real words.
    Yeah I never use you when I text and if you want to change it spell you and use the orange key to select and delete yo .. It worked for me
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    It even splits it up into multiple messages if you go over the limit so you can talk like a person who has a firm grasp on the english language by using real words.
    Which annoys the hell out of people who do not have unlimited SMS because you sent 2 messages when one would have sufficed.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Yeah I never use you when I text and if you want to change it spell you and use the orange key to select and delete yo .. It worked for me
    or you could do it the easy way and just hit backspace, and it'll change it back to just 'u'...
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    Which annoys the hell out of people who do not have unlimited SMS because you sent 2 messages when one would have sufficed.
    Or one could just learn to be freaking economical. I can write tweets without abbreviations, no problem. Just requires... wait for it... thought and effort.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Technology tries to help people not sound like imbeciles in communication and people complain......
    You have to have root access to change this. After gaining root access, you can find information about changing the file on the develeopers wiki.
  14.    #14  
    So basically it can't be done. I knew about the backspace and knew that it adds multiple messages if its over 160 characters, just wanted to know what else we don't have access to. My 30 days is up in 1 week, and I'm not sure what to do with this phone. I love it but there's so many little things that drive me crazy. HTC touch pro 2 seems like the next best thing...
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    So basically it can't be done. I knew about the backspace and knew that it adds multiple messages if its over 160 characters, just wanted to know what else we don't have access to. My 30 days is up in 1 week, and I'm not sure what to do with this phone. I love it but there's so many little things that drive me crazy. HTC touch pro 2 seems like the next best thing...
    dude, i agreed with you that it can be sort of maybe annoying to not sometimes sound kinda like im still in highschool...

but to return the phone because it properly auto-corrects..that my friend is major fail
    Just go to Preferences and make sure "Moron Mode" is "ON". Sheesh!
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Just go to Preferences and make sure "Moron Mode" is "ON". Sheesh!
    LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    So basically it can't be done.
    No, quite the opposite. However, you have to do a little work to do it.

But then I forgot, this is to someone that needs to type u instead of you. A little work ... go figger...
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I'd like to see the software limit how many times someone can use "meh" and "FAIL!" in one week.