1.    #1  
    I couldn't find my original thread where I returned my 1st and 2nd Pre but I wanted to chime in about my 3rd Pre. Best Buy was good to me and made sure I was happy. I have no dead pixels, gaps are minimized and the oreo effect is very minimal. The biggest kicker for me is the batter life is awesome now. Yesterday I went all day with one full charge. I texted, sent and recieved MMS, used the accuweather, where, and google maps apps, and surfed the net. I started at 8am and was at 32% at 10:30pm. I'm happy and knew I would get a slick Pre if I kept on trying.
    Lucky... I'm on my third also, hopefully, I will have the same luck.
    I'm wondering if the 1.04 update has anything to do with the improved battery life. I'm still on my launch day Pre and was having major batter drainage. With the new update I am able to get a full day's use of phone even while having fun txting, surfing, etc.
    Im on my fourth. Im tired of Best Buy. Im just going to deal with Sprints Service Center when i get over my 30 days.
    I agree, for me the third time is the charm I think. I just got my third and I dare say it might just be perfect it had a little bit of a hot spot on the screen just after I got it, but it's completely gone now, not the splotches at the bottom, but a spot on the upper part of the screen, and there is just about zero "oreo" to mine either. This one doesn't get as hot as the first one I had (neither did the second, but it had it's own issues) I feel like this one will be quite capable of lasting me 1-2 years (I can upgrade next year if I want, Sprint Premier baby)
    What is the manufacture date of your third pre?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRick10 View Post
    Im on my fourth. Im tired of Best Buy. Im just going to deal with Sprints Service Center when i get over my 30 days.
    I returned my first to Best Buy and the second one was defective also. I am not trying to be a troll but I have heard some shady crap about Best Buy sending one stores returns to a different one to be sold or given out as a replacement. In any case my third Pre is from Palm directly, they sent me a refeurb. I was not happy about that but so far it looks feels and works PERFECT! Just crossing my fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    I couldn't find my original thread where I returned my 1st and 2nd Pre but I wanted to chime in about my 3rd Pre. Best Buy was good to me and made sure I was happy. I have no dead pixels, gaps are minimized and the oreo effect is very minimal. The biggest kicker for me is the batter life is awesome now. Yesterday I went all day with one full charge. I texted, sent and recieved MMS, used the accuweather, where, and google maps apps, and surfed the net. I started at 8am and was at 32% at 10:30pm. I'm happy and knew I would get a slick Pre if I kept on trying.
    You probably got the "D" battery in your third Pre. Heard from Sprint and Palm, that the "A"s were no good
    I'm on my first Pre and "knock on wood" I've not had a problem with any battery life or hardware related issues. I didn't get mine until about 2 weeks after they came out though...so maybe I skipped the bad batch by pure chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by willpooted View Post
    You probably got the "D" battery in your third Pre. Heard from Sprint and Palm, that the "A"s were no good
    Do you have any more info on this? This is the 1st I have heard of it. Also, how can you tell the difference?
  11. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    glad to hear yours is working fine
    my replacement wouldnt even turn on
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre