1.    #1  
    Not a bash thread at all, i have my Pre one day and besides for the headphone issue its outstanding.

With that said there are a few things that the failed Instinct really did well that there is no reason that the Palm Pre cant do.

Everyone knows about Video and forwarding text, wont get into that, that will probably come with an Update.

The Pre excelled in:

Making Playlists FROM THE PHONE ITSELF

Came with a separate component that JUST recharges the spare battery that you can carry around. If the pre had a spare battery with a recharger it would be amazing. No idea why they couldnt do this

An option for a digital keyboard as well would have been nice, but thats not a big deal at all.

If the Pre had all of these stuff it would be a 10/10 phone. Now its more like a 8.5/10 still amazing though
    well the only thing i want from the instinct is visual voice mail which I am pretty sure they are working on. But that's it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB504 View Post
    well the only thing i want from the instinct is visual voice mail which I am pretty sure they are working on. But that's it.
    Haha that was the main thing i wanted to post, forgot to include that.
    Live Search, where you hit a button, say what you're looking for, and get results in Sprint Navigation or wherever is also awesome. I'd love to see that on the Pre (after first getting voice commands, of course).
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Live Search, where you hit a button, say what you're looking for, and get results in Sprint Navigation or wherever is also awesome. I'd love to see that on the Pre (after first getting voice commands, of course).
    Amen to that. Live Search was a fantastic feature. Not only would it find places and businesses, but it would pull up a screen with the business or restaurant address, and links to a map, directions, web site and a link that opened Navigator to give you turn by turn directions to the place. I really loved that, and it is one of the main things I miss on the instinct.

In addition, voice dial and voice commands were often useful, especially when driving. It worked very well, and didn't have to be programmed.

The Favorites list in the telephone mode was a feature that I am very surprised Palm did not include in the Pre. I could put in the 6 or so numbers I call all the time, and then just touch it instead of dialing. Adding someone to favorites was far easier than programming a speed dial in Pre. Also, it's not as easy to remember who is what speed dial no. in Pre as it is to simply go to your Favorites in Instinct.

I have not seen it mentioned anywhere, but I really appreciated being able to delete emails without having to open them. You could just tap the icon on the box on the left side of the screen, and then hit the delete button at the bottom. This was very handy for getting rid of spam. With Pre, I have to open the spam first. This is a potential security issue.

Finally, there were several screens where you could delete multiple items at once. You could select the menu items you wanted to delete, and then hit the trash icon, and they would all be gone. With Pre, you slide them off to the right one at a time. I love deleting that way, but it would be nice to select multiple items and then delete.

That's all I can think of. All of these things are easily fixable, and the fact is, this device is way better than the instinct. They will not be getting my Pre back. If you made a list of the things that are better on the Pre than the Instinct, the list would go into the hundreds.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Haha that was the main thing i wanted to post, forgot to include that.
    Visual voice mail, I forgot to include that as well.

I occasionally used the video recorder, too, if I forgot to take a camcorder to an event and wanted to get some snippets.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post

I have not seen it mentioned anywhere, but I really appreciated being able to delete emails without having to open them. You could just tap the icon on the box on the left side of the screen, and then hit the delete button at the bottom. This was very handy for getting rid of spam. With Pre, I have to open the spam first. This is a potential security issue.
    to delete email without reading it, just swipe it left or right. i do wish you could do more than one, similar to how its handled in iphone OS
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    to delete email without reading it, just swipe it left or right. i do wish you could do more than one, similar to how its handled in iphone OS
    Thanks, I hadn't figured that out yet.

One non-fixable difference is the MicroSD card slot. That helped a lot, as I could swap out cards dedicated to music and cards dedicated to video/photos. The 8GB helps alleviate this pain, but I imagine that the 8GB will seem small once we have lots of apps available.
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    you can delete emails without opening them. just swipe the email you want to delete off the screen.
  10.    #10  
    Merri good stuff!

i forgot all about the voice commands already!

thing is the Instinct was innovative in MANY areas but it just felt like such a clumsy phone and the after playing with my Pre for a few days its light years better then the Instinct. just the touch is so much smoother IMO on Pre.

While we are adding the pros from the Instinct, how about the vibrations when u touched screen i really wish pre had that.

Pre can incorporate many things from the failed Instinct it seems to really be a super smartphone
    My main thing: the Instinct tethered extremely well...where's the tethering on the Pre?!? (I mean without all the rooting and advanced programming...)
    VVM, Easy Teather, Removable sd card, external battery charger case
    SCK Manager
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Spare battery charger: Palm Spare Battery Charger - Palm Accessories [bit_ly/EMwW8]
    All the things I wanted on the Instinct came with time. I'm sure the same will be with the PRE as well.

I do miss the VVM and Live search was very easy to use. I had 2 spare batteries with cases and What I would like to see for the PRE is a TouchStone Spare charger. No swapping batteries just have a charged Puck you attach to Phone and it would charge the thing.

Oh and BlueTooth Connection would be great to have .

We also need a Car TouchStone cradle or i will just use my Modified one like I have been doing
    Visual Voicemail/Video/forwarding all coming. Just get me a battery that lasts through the day.