Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I will support this so hopefully next season there will be an application like the iphone.
    I wish there was a preference on the pre to allow the audio to come through while on another card. This is now just as useless (to some degree) as the MLB app for the iPhone because you can't do anything else while listening to the game.
    Outstanding news.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I wish there was a preference on the pre to allow the audio to come through while on another card. This is now just as useless (to some degree) as the MLB app for the iPhone because you can't do anything else while listening to the game.
    So MLB at Bat on the iPhone is useless? Greatest 3rd party app ever. If only the Mets were any good.
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    Since this is just audio, I'll stick with the Sporting News app and wait for flash so we can listen to our favorite teams through their radio stations' web sites. I'll bookmark the "Listen Live" link and listen that way. If MLB gets live video on the phone for $5/month, I'll consider it.
    Not sure radio stations (those that also make available their broadcasts over the internet) and allowed to play MLB games. My local station streams everything but the actual sporting event becuase MLB owns the streaming contract.
    Has any tried this yet? I purchased the package, accessed the premium area, and then tried to listen to the audio. All i got was a black screen (in a new card), but no audio. I was using Wifi and sometimes i would get about a half second of audio and then nothing. I turned Wifi off and tried it again with just EVDO and that seems to work...

any idea why streaming would not work with Wifi but it would work with EVDO?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    So MLB at Bat on the iPhone is useless? Greatest 3rd party app ever. If only the Mets were any good.

ditto to both.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Eh, not enough for me to put down my money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I don't like sports. Nobody does.
    You seem like a guy that doesn't like sports, which in most cases is due to bitterness at not being any good at them.
    I am surprised they don't have it for windows mobile.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I am surprised they don't have it for windows mobile.
    They have MLB Gameday for Mobile Internet Explorer for $2.49/mo.

Anyway, add some more problems with Pre MLB Gameday Premium.
    - No audio if on Wi-Fi. Tried it on two different Pre's
    - No Calls/Text when listening. All received text show up when you go to card view (which kills the audio)

On the road we used the Pre version but once we got home I fired up the iPhone app over Wi-Fi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    They have MLB Gameday for Mobile Internet Explorer for $2.49/mo.

Anyway, add some more problems with Pre MLB Gameday Premium.
    - No audio if on Wi-Fi. Tried it on two different Pre's
    - No Calls/Text when listening. All received text show up when you go to card view (which kills the audio)

On the road we used the Pre version but once we got home I fired up the iPhone app over Wi-Fi.
    Works over Wi-Fi for me. Caviot: I happened to first log in over a 1X data connection (my Airave) and then realized Wi-Fi was off as the stream timed out, so I switched on Wi-Fi after I had logged in.

Listened to parts of several different games over the Wi-Fi connection on my Pre after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    Since this is just audio, I'll stick with the Sporting News app and wait for flash so we can listen to our favorite teams through their radio stations' web sites. I'll bookmark the "Listen Live" link and listen that way. If MLB gets live video on the phone for $5/month, I'll consider it.
    Not sure radio stations (those that also make available their broadcasts over the internet) and allowed to play MLB games. My local station streams everything but the actual sporting event becuase MLB owns the streaming contract.
    They're not allowed to stream games. MLB owns the rights to streaming. My local sports station broadcasts Angels games, and shortly after a game begins, thier live Internet stream goes silent although the media player still shows it as playing a stream (dead Internet Air so to speak).
  13. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    Eh, not enough for me to put down my money.

You seem like a guy that doesn't like sports, which in most cases is due to bitterness at not being any good at them.
    You know me better than I know myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Does anyone know how to use PayPal to sign up for this?
    It only gives me a credit card option.
    I just found out I had $7 in my PayPal account and figure I'd try spending $3 to try it for a month.
    Umm, paypay debit card
    Cool but I do NOT want to pay for this. I already pay for mlb.tv premium, it should be included free for premium subscribers.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    The Good, Its another app from a big name.
    The Bad, No one will pay for it which could be seen as a lack of support for apps like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    They're not allowed to stream games. MLB owns the rights to streaming. My local sports station broadcasts Angels games, and shortly after a game begins, thier live Internet stream goes silent although the media player still shows it as playing a stream (dead Internet Air so to speak).
    I didn't know that. I never tried to stream a radio broadcast of a game. I had MLB.com video last year, didn't use it enough to get it again this year. If they get video of games on the phone, I might get it again, will be great for travelling.
    You're right, I guess useless was a little too strong-but of course you should expect that coming from a Yankee fan!. It does however severely limit its potential. I love that I can listen to the games while on the bus back from work (time difference) but the bus is also when I get a lot of email and other things done so it's a catch 22. Maybe this will help me leave work at work!
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    I have the MLB TV package, great to now have audio for when I'm working, thanks for INFO
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I paid the $14.99 and bookmarked the site. I was in NYC yesterday and wanted to follow the Mets game, so was looking forward to trying it out. Sadly, however, the pitch by pitch option was quirky, not reloading in a timely manner and sometimes wouldn't reload even when manually prompted to do so. The saving grace is the Live Audio accessiblity, but there were points during the day where that wasn't an option ( movies ). My signal bar was always at full tilt EVDO. Maybe I wouldn't be as upset if the Mets could actually win a game or two.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast