1.    #1  
    Ok I did a search and found that I should prolly call sprint, but was wondering if anyone has figured out how to;

First, I have my facebook synked, no problems with the people I have on my friends list (only about 24) but for one contact he didnt put his area code into his # on face book, so I get an error trying to send him a msg or call him. I tryed adding a second # with the area code but it just keeps defalting to the facebook #. I also tryed deleting the # but it just keeps comming back. Any ideas oh how to get around this?

Also, at my house I am in roaming, big R next to my signal strength, goes from full bars in R down to 3, but even when I am in town where I get full bars and no R it only says 1x, shouldnt it say EV?

Also I am kinda confused about the date my pre was made, I did the little #786## or what ever it was, the only date it shows was the day I bought it, could someone show me a screen shot of theres?
    Yes you should be getting Ev most of the time. Something is wrong. Maybe where you live is poor coverage? Do any other sprint phones get an Ev signal?
    Quote Originally Posted by yoster82 View Post
    Ok I did a search and found that I should prolly call sprint, but was wondering if anyone has figured out how to;

First, I have my facebook synked, no problems with the people I have on my friends list (only about 24) but for one contact he didnt put his area code into his # on face book, so I get an error trying to send him a msg or call him. I tryed adding a second # with the area code but it just keeps defalting to the facebook #. I also tryed deleting the # but it just keeps comming back. Any ideas oh how to get around this?

Also, at my house I am in roaming, big R next to my signal strength, goes from full bars in R down to 3, but even when I am in town where I get full bars and no R it only says 1x, shouldnt it say EV?

Also I am kinda confused about the date my pre was made, I did the little #786## or what ever it was, the only date it shows was the day I bought it, could someone show me a screen shot of theres?
    From what I understand, Facebook does not receive pushed content, meaning that if you change contacts on the Pre, they do not reflect back to Facebook. I don't mind being corrected, if I am wrong.

Gmail is the only one I know of that will sync content you change on the Pre with what is on their servers.

As to the Roaming deal, some phones have had that issue. Have you tried using another Sprint phone in your house? If so, what was the result there?

Sprint does have the Airave which gives you voice signal in your house through an internet connection. It's $100.00 for the equipment and 4.99 a month, but it works. It wouldn't help you get EVDO signal though.

Some people have been able to get the Airave for free, but don't be suprised if you have to put out the cash for one.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    The facebook contact number can neither be changed nor deleted. Trying to use it will result in an error. Create a second entry for that contact (i.e. in Google contacts) with the proper number and set it as the primary after linking them in Synergy. This will eliminate your problem.

Try resetting the phone to fix your EV-DO issue. If that doesn't work and you're sure you don't get EV-DO service anywhere, there may be a more serious issue.

Brett
    Add your friend as a contact, selected Palm Profile as the contact database. To do that, click on the icon where you enter his name, and select Palm Profile. Then put in his correct phone number. Finally, link him to the facebook account.
  6.    #6  
    its not that I get bad reception at my house, even in R (roaming) I still get 3-5 bars and cear calls. I tryed a soft reset on the phone but as I am still at home I wont be able to check on the 1x/EV tell later today. I will post my results when I get them.

Also thanks nrbelex for your solution.

Also I have another question, when in R (roaming) does text and data cost me ne thing? I know I get free roaming but does it include text and data?
    Last edited by yoster82; 07/02/2009 at 10:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Also I have another question, when in R (roaming) does text and data cost me ne thing? I know I get free roaming but does it include text and data?
    You can enable data roaming. It is included with Simply Everything. Technically, if I remember correctly, you're not supposed to use more than 1/2 your total data on a roaming network, but I'm not sure if that's true or enforced. Try searching the forums for more on this. Edit: This: http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...ited-data.html has good info.

Brett
    I work at Best Buy Mobile. Our Sprint rep tells us if you begin to roam more than you use one of Sprint's towers you will receive letters in the mail alerting you and asking to change your ways. If you repeatedly roam more than you use Sprint, you may incur additional charges or have your service terminated. But my rep tells me it VERY rarely gets that far.

I hope this could be of assistance!
    SCH-A890 --> VX 9800 "V" --> VX 9900 "enV" --> Blackberry 8330 --> iPhone 3G --> Palm Pre --> iPhone 3GS
  9.    #9  
    well I just text while I am at home roaming. And I do have wi-fi turned on. If I have wifi on does it send my text that way?
    No, texting goes through the cellular network.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Roam as much as you want. And when you get letters, call them and they will send you a free airave.