Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've done some searches in hofo, sprintusers, and here, and really didn't find anyone else complaining on how bad the scrolling is, especially in the recent call log. It is so frustrating trying to get through my calls when it skips like it does. It's been doing this since I bought my Pre (3 weeks now). Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Also, when I scroll through my calls, I come to a point where there are only blank entries with no information in it, and then if I keep scrolling, I get back to recent call entries. And yes, I have waited to see if I was scrolling too fast and the processor had to catch up. I waited about a minute and nothing happened. Strange glitches. Help
    I get it now and again when I try to scroll really fast through pages and pages of stuff. otherwise, not so much, and mostly in you tube.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I feel like things got worse after 1.03. Anyway, try reseting. I feel loke I have to do a daily reset to keep things from slowing down
    One of my biggest complaints about the OS. It happens all the time and so does the checker board thing. Play with an iphone and you almost never see that anymore on the GS. With the Pre its nearly all the time.
    A quick scrolling question that is sort of related to this. When using the gesture area while surfing the web in landscape should it be a smooth scroll like if I'm using the screen itself? When I use the gesture area it jumps down by a semingly predetermined amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by VXXXJesterXXXV View Post
    A quick scrolling question that is sort of related to this. When using the gesture area while surfing the web in landscape should it be a smooth scroll like if I'm using the screen itself? When I use the gesture area it jumps down by a semingly predetermined amount.
    That's a page up/down scroll and should not be slow as if you were doing it slowly on the screen with your finger, it's jumping to the next/previous page (scrolling up/down to the next viewable page). It does scroll, but it's quick.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    ok, that's exactly what it does. I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the answer there it really is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by VXXXJesterXXXV View Post
    ok, that's exactly what it does. I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the answer there it really is appreciated.
    Anytime
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I had this thing since Friday and only noticed slight choppy scrolling once. All it needed was a restart and I haven't encountered anything choppy since...

Perhaps you just need to try restarting when you notice choppy scrolling.
  10.    #10  
    i've reset many times, and the damn thing keeps doing it. I'm going to the sprint store this weekend to find out what's going on. What's this page up/down scroll thing you guys are talking about? We have that feature?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I get choppy scrolling at times, as well as some weird refresh of the UI, but nothing too major. I'm hoping there will be speed tweaks implement at some point.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    +1
    Only in call logs and it is extremely frustrating..compounded by the fact that my itouch never does this.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    scrolling through my call log is horribly slow and choppy. scrolling through text messages is fast initially, then choppy once i go back about 10 or so messages.

are other people having non-smooth scrolling in these areas? I assumed this was normal.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    +1
    Only in call logs and it is extremely frustrating..compounded by the fact that my itouch never does this.
    Maybe because the itouch doesn't have a call log (you know, what with it not being a phone and all...)?
    I get the same problem. The call log, contacts, websites, they all are choppy. I scroll, and it either freezes for a sec, or is choppy and not smooth.

I love the Pre, but the need a big update for all the issues they have.

I have like multiple Palm Profiles for some reason. I have 300 friends on FB, and I only want maybe some of them, not all the contacts on the phone, the alarm doesn't work sometimes, and the scrolling doesn't stop when I want it to.

They need a big huge update on this phone and hopefully real soon.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    yes, this phone has terrible scrolling performance. Im only hoping they release an update to fix this before my 30 days.. which is like a week away...
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Me too, scrolling is choppy and seems to have gotten worse recently. Really annoying, happens when I'm browsing, using apps like spaz, etc etc.
    The fact that it can run a playstation game smoothly but not scroll well tells me that it's a javascript rendering issue.

Probably the best way to remedy this is to drop the web based part of it for some features.
    Yeah, scrolling on this phone blows. Hate to compare but it's way better on the iPhone. Perhaps it's hardware accelerated on that device?

I'm disappointed with the general sluggishness of the phone...don't know how it compares to other phones, but I wish with the massive processor it would just be a quicker. Almost like it doesn't make use of caching (like Windows does).
    I don't get it either. I mean the the Pre has the same chip that the iPhone 3GS has, so shouldn't perform at least the same? I know that this phone can multitask and the OS isn't still polished, but even with one app open, it feels really sluggish, let alone 2-3 apps open.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast