1.    #1  
    I am wondering if there is a way to get the Pre browser to pretend it's a Blackberry so that web sites load the BB version. I like the BB version of sites because they have large type and are very easy to read. (much less pinching and scrolling required...)

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Didn't know there was a BB specific version of websites. Are you sure it's not just a mobile version?
  3.    #3  
    No I am not sure. But in any case, is it possible to set the Pre browser to get mobile versions instead of the full versions formatted for 17" screens?...thanks.
    Nope. This kind of thing is up to the folks who make the individual websites recognizing that you have a Mobile device and automatically redirecting you appropriately or the web-browser gaining a setting to show only mobile formatting from pages.
    most sites have a mobile version..some even detect that you are on a mobile device and load that site for you.
    If you want you can Google a site and add the word "mobile" to your search and click that link.
  6.    #6  
    Yes, but the key is that the BB *identifies itself as a mobile device to all web sites* where as the Pre does not (yet). Unless you go and specifically load the mobile version.
    On the BB you can select how it's browser will look to all web servers...and it's a great feature in terms of readability on the small screen. I am hoping some of the hackers can do the same for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    Yes, but the key is that the BB *identifies itself as a mobile device to all web sites* where as the Pre does not (yet). Unless you go and specifically load the mobile version.
    On the BB you can select how it's browser will look to all web servers...and it's a great feature in terms of readability on the small screen. I am hoping some of the hackers can do the same for the Pre.
    for a quick fix simply do what I said then bookmark them.