Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I've figured out a simple trick to make your bookmark icon on the launcher look iphoneishly....cool.

Here I have Gizmodo, Facebook, Precentral and a full signal bars . Neat looking? Yes.

To do this:

1. open your Pre
    2. google the picture or logo.
    3. open the web via new card and select bookmarks.
    4. in bookmarks, tab the 'i' on the site you want to do and copy the URL.
    5. switch back to the card with the picture.
    6. tap web > page > add to launcher.
    7. resize the picture.
    8. in URL box delete the address and paste the copied URL from step 4.
    9. add title.
    10. tab add to launcher.

Now open the launcher and you'll see the new cool looking icon.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Nice work.
    Nice trick.
    how does one remove a bookmark from launcher?
    Thanks by the way that looks good
    Thanks for this! Is there any way to get these cool looking icons into the bookmarks web page? I am trying now and if there is a way perhaps I will figure it out, but if someone already knows I'd much appreciate them letting me know! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    awesome trick. thanks!
    Quick question... I've noticed that my web bookmark's thumbnail updates when you go to visit the site. Will it do the same with this method?
    to remove a bookmark from launcher, just hold down the "orange" key and tap on the icon, and then select delete when it pops up
    How do you copy and paste? When I tap on Web, nothing happens. Is there a shortcut?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    Thanks for this! Is there any way to get these cool looking icons into the bookmarks web page? I am trying now and if there is a way perhaps I will figure it out, but if someone already knows I'd much appreciate them letting me know! Thanks!
    unfortunately you can't. But I hope someone does make an app for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    Quick question... I've noticed that my web bookmark's thumbnail updates when you go to visit the site. Will it do the same with this method?
    The bookmark icon on the launcher will not change unless you change it yourself.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOD View Post
    How do you copy and paste? When I tap on Web, nothing happens. Is there a shortcut?
    I don't think copy and paste works on the web. It only works on words you typed.
    So, how do I get the full bars? I get zero at home and work goes from 5 to 3 to 0 to Roam to 5 to...while sitting on my desk.
    Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    I don't think copy and paste works on the web. It only works on words you typed.
    FALSE! :P

You need to use the key shortcut by placing your thumb ontop of the home button (do not press it) and on the keyboard hit C.

So Touch Button + C to copy / Touch Button + V to paste
    thats pretty cool. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    FALSE! :P

You need to use the key shortcut by placing your thumb ontop of the home button (do not press it) and on the keyboard hit C.

So Touch Button + C to copy / Touch Button + V to paste
    you actually just have to tap and hold somewhere on the gesture area, not just over the home button.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for!!!
    I've noticed that, on the bookmark page, the little icon where it shows the preview of the page often times changes by itself. It has even shown a completely different site as the preview.

I wonder if this bug will affect the trick shown by the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I've noticed that, on the bookmark page, the little icon where it shows the preview of the page often times changes by itself. It has even shown a completely different site as the preview.

I wonder if this bug will affect the trick shown by the OP.
    Nope. It stays the same.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    OK step 7.) Resize the picture.
    How do you do this? I get the box to place the image into but it isnt a perfect fit?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast