Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Never mind "use the pinch to zoom method" duh me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I've noticed that, on the bookmark page, the little icon where it shows the preview of the page often times changes by itself. It has even shown a completely different site as the preview.

I wonder if this bug will affect the trick shown by the OP.
    The small icon stays the same the icon that changes is the one on the main page when you open up web. That is not the launcher icon, but the bookmark snapshot.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Well, great! Now I want to add more web pages to the launcher. I already have a page of contacts, a page of applications, and a page of settings. It sure would be great to have a 4th page in the launcher to have a page of Web sites.

Before you say it, I'm not rooting my Pre.
    Dude I gotta say thx. I admit I tried it at 3:00 in the morning so it took me a minute to figure out. But it is awsome. Much better than having bookmarks in the web app. Thx alot for the tip. Yet another reason to love me pre all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Well, great! Now I want to add more web pages to the launcher. I already have a page of contacts, a page of applications, and a page of settings. It sure would be great to have a 4th page in the launcher to have a page of Web sites.

Before you say it, I'm not rooting my Pre.
    It's supposed to automatically add a 4th page once you've filled up the first 3.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    It's supposed to automatically add a 4th page once you've filled up the first 3.
    I have never seen this mentioned. Can anyone confirm this? Has anybody actually filled up the three launcher pages?
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    Thanks for this! Is there any way to get these cool looking icons into the bookmarks web page? I am trying now and if there is a way perhaps I will figure it out, but if someone already knows I'd much appreciate them letting me know! Thanks!
    I tried this. You can make the bookmark image look nice, but the bookmark shots when opening the browser are always of the web page. They aren't in sync. You can get the pretty images for the launcher only.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I have never seen this mentioned. Can anyone confirm this? Has anybody actually filled up the three launcher pages?
    I'm pretty sure you have to root your phone to get more than 3 pages.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Need more launcher pages...How about 9 or so.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    If I had some skills, I would write a Web app that simply keeps a database of popular mobile Web pages with associated icons. Then you could simply create your own page (like mobilelauncher.com/rhody/) with nice big icons by selecting from the database and then add that page to the quick launch bar instead of the lousy bookmark page Palm came up with.

But, alas, I have no skills.
    Nice
    There is no spoon
    Tried this and setup new launcher items for Bank of America, Yahoo!, BattleFleet and Chess. AWESOME! Looks so much better and greater access this way. Thanks bunches!
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    OK step 7.) Resize the picture.
    How do you do this? I get the box to place the image into but it isnt a perfect fit?
    Use your fingers to pinch the screen in and out to zoom back and forth.

Thank you so much to the OP! I am NOT tech savvy, and I did it! WOOT!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Freaking Awesome. My phone just froze for the 1st time ever after I tired to add a web page in the launcher.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I've already added some icons, I wanna remove the ones I've added before adding new ones, anyone know how to delete them?
    I guess I am the only dummy here, so:

Wgat is 4. in bookmarks, tab the 'i' on the site you want to do and copy the URL. I don't understand tab the "i".
    Anybody got a Pre Central Icon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newberry View Post
    I've already added some icons, I wanna remove the ones I've added before adding new ones, anyone know how to delete them?
    Hold the orange key and tap the icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    I guess I am the only dummy here, so:

Wgat is 4. in bookmarks, tab the 'i' on the site you want to do and copy the URL. I don't understand tab the "i".
    "tap" the '"i"...Once you tap the web button in the top corner, select "bookmarks". There will be a circled "i" to the right of all your website titles. Select it.
    Last edited by BulletT00TH; 07/03/2009 at 10:12 AM. Reason: typo
    Mpre - Can you link me to that Palm icon you found, I can't seem to find it anywhere?

EDIT: Never mind, I just used a picture of the back of a Palm Pre.
    Last edited by Dirtdawg90; 07/03/2009 at 11:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Cool. Worked nicely!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast