Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I've had it for an hour, and I LOVE it so far. I had the yellow box, and my phone is PERFECT! No dead pixels, no creaks, bad buttons, etc!! I"m so excited, but I realized that I have to personally input all my contacts, since I can't bluetooth them over....so looks like i'll be doing that for the next 2 hours lol.

I will post with my battery life tomorrow!
    Yellow box? Aren't they all?
    Congrats! Love the excitement and enthusiasm of a new Pre owner. Don't let the curmudgeons bring you down.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Congrats man and welcome to the club!

Also, remember there is a LOT of crap in this forum; noname's post being a good example, so just learn how to weed through it all.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    haha thanks! I meant I will post my battery life to add to everyone else's, and compare!

And I thought some Pre's were in the black box, and others in the yellow, but I guess I'm wrong lol.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I have a question! Where can I put like pdf files in the usb link (hard drive)? I see DCIM, downloads, ringtones, wallpapers, and just the general drive?
    Both pres I got were each in a yellow and white box
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Welcome neelesh to this forum.........
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neelesh View Post
    I have a question! Where can I put like pdf files in the usb link (hard drive)? I see DCIM, downloads, ringtones, wallpapers, and just the general drive?
    The PDF application will find them anywhere on the drive you put them. Make a new folder and name it PDF and put them there to keep things tidy!
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    ah. nice! How come some of my PDFs won't open? it says it cannot render them?? And the webbrowser won't let me open some PDFs either...blah (although I know this is already a known issue)

Also, is there a way to make it vibrate all (the ringer), I know I can turn the ringer switch to off, but if I want silence all (and no vibrate), do I have to go to the settings and turn vibrate off?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I just got mine today as well, and I love it. This being my first post, I am making it from my pre.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    also, for the alarm, how accurate/good is it?

and how come you can do the alarm by only 5 minutes? I can't set an alarm for like 8:43?

And is it better to use the alarm or use the calendar function to make an alarm in that case?

and two more questions haha (sorry!)

how many texts does the Pre save total, and per convo? I know windows mobile (i had that before) will save all your texts, even for like the 2 years you use the phone)

and how many entries does the call history do?
    also, for the alarm, how accurate/good is it?

and how come you can do the alarm by only 5 minutes? I can't set an alarm for like 8:43?

And is it better to use the alarm or use the calendar function to make an alarm in that case?

and two more questions haha (sorry!)

how many texts does the Pre save total, and per convo? I know windows mobile (i had that before) will save all your texts, even for like the 2 years you use the phone)

and how many entries does the call history do?
    all very good questions

make sure to do the update on the OS

the alarm is accurate and works well, but you cant set it for a specific time like you said

I'm not sure how to do just vibrate, like your earlier post.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    wow the alarm is very accurate. in fact, my clock radio didn't work, and my Pre saved me from not going to work late!

and my battery life is awesome! I drained it today, but when I first charged it 100, it lasted a while! I had moderate useage with like 120 texts, some web browsing, music playing for like 40 minutes and from 8:00am (battery life at 80%, brand new phone) to 7:00pm (battery life at 20%), I think that is pretty good! I turned on google maps, sprint nav, sprint tv, and youtube at the same time to drain my battery to 0% so I can recharge it, but I'm hoping tomorrow from 100%, my battery will last longer with moderate usage.

overnight, my battery drained only 5-10% ish, probably more around 5%. I have the newest update as well.

I have wifi, bluetooth all turned off, location services all turned off, email set on manual, brightness to the very lowest, and I get about 3-4 bars at work (unless I go to the bathroom, where my signal jumps from 5 bars to 0 bars back and forth, but only in the bathroom and nowhere else, weird!) from 8:30-5, and full strength at home.
    wow the alarm is very accurate. in fact, my clock radio didn't work, and my Pre saved me from not going to work late!

and my battery life is awesome! I drained it today, but when I first charged it 100, it lasted a while! I had moderate useage with like 120 texts, some web browsing, music playing for like 40 minutes and from 8:00am (battery life at 80%, brand new phone) to 7:00pm (battery life at 20%), I think that is pretty good! I turned on google maps, sprint nav, sprint tv, and youtube at the same time to drain my battery to 0% so I can recharge it, but I'm hoping tomorrow from 100%, my battery will last longer with moderate usage.

overnight, my battery drained only 5-10% ish, probably more around 5%. I have the newest update as well.

I have wifi, bluetooth all turned off, location services all turned off, email set on manual, brightness to the very lowest, and I get about 3-4 bars at work (unless I go to the bathroom, where my signal jumps from 5 bars to 0 bars back and forth, but only in the bathroom and nowhere else, weird!) from 8:30-5, and full strength at home.
    From what I've read (although some disagree) that type of battery is most useful when you do not allow it to complete drain.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    From what I've read (although some disagree) that type of battery is most useful when you do not allow it to complete drain.
    But anecdotally, a couple of charge/discharge cycles do seem to improve things. It may of course just be related to calibration of charging circuit and indicator.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    But anecdotally, a couple of charge/discharge cycles do seem to improve things. It may of course just be related to calibration of charging circuit and indicator.
    Yes, those who disagree are mis-informed. Drain it and fully recharge a couple of times, then keep it perpetually topped up.

Anecdotally, I get almost as good battery life on my Pre as I did on my BB 8330. I use it a lot more, so the battery runs down faster - there's that Touchstone :-)
    Last edited by kabamm; 07/03/2009 at 04:06 AM.
    "I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    the alarm works great. I use this sound file of the red alert sound from the old star trek. I used this because I read on here that the alarm is not very loud.
    The first morning it went off I almost broke my neck jumping out of bed. It is loud enough.
    Welcome to the pre, it is a neat phone and this is a great place to learn more about it.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Welcome! The more the merrier!!
    take your old phone to a sprint store (along with the Pre)

they will transfer contacts for free on the cellibrite system
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast