Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I just got my Pre today, and overall, I'm ecstatic. Love it, and have been waiting for today for months!

BUUUUUT...after searching through the threads here, no one seems to have the wifi problems that I'm having. I've tried in 2 different wifi locations, work and home, both are WPA protected and I have my passwords right and both have great wifi connections.

The problems (in no particular order):

-the wifi sign in the corner will be there, making me think it's on, but once i pull down the menu, it says it's off.

-i'll try turning it on, and one of the following happens:
    wifi will say it's searching for a network, but can't find anything, will keep searching and searching...
    it'll finally find a network or the "join network" will appear and I click that, but both will just "attempt" and nothing will happen.
    i'll turn on the wifi switch, but where it should say join network or searching, it's a blank white card, and nothing happens. I won't be able to turn the thing to "off" neither.

-I was finally able to connect at work, but then the wifi turned itself off, and I had to go through #2 again.

-I did a hard reset, and lo and behold, i was automatically connected to the wifi...BUT, now my app store won't connect, my tweed app won't connect, and when i try to use the web browser, it can't resolve host!!!!

Seriously, am I being an *****, or is the wifi on my phone really jacked up? Hopefully someone has had some or all of these problems...should I just exchange at the store?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnney5 View Post
    I just got my Pre today, and overall, I'm ecstatic. Love it, and have been waiting for today for months!

BUUUUUT...after searching through the threads here, no one seems to have the wifi problems that I'm having. I've tried in 2 different wifi locations, work and home, both are WPA protected and I have my passwords right and both have great wifi connections.

The problems (in no particular order):

-the wifi sign in the corner will be there, making me think it's on, but once i pull down the menu, it says it's off.

-i'll try turning it on, and one of the following happens:
    wifi will say it's searching for a network, but can't find anything, will keep searching and searching...
    it'll finally find a network or the "join network" will appear and I click that, but both will just "attempt" and nothing will happen.
    i'll turn on the wifi switch, but where it should say join network or searching, it's a blank white card, and nothing happens. I won't be able to turn the thing to "off" neither.

-I was finally able to connect at work, but then the wifi turned itself off, and I had to go through #2 again.

-I did a hard reset, and lo and behold, i was automatically connected to the wifi...BUT, now my app store won't connect, my tweed app won't connect, and when i try to use the web browser, it can't resolve host!!!!

Seriously, am I being an *****, or is the wifi on my phone really jacked up? Hopefully someone has had some or all of these problems...should I just exchange at the store?

If your not on 1.04 you need to go to the updates and get the latest updates first.

Hope this helps
    Doug
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Yep, did 1.04 already

Looks like when I use that right corner menu for airplane mode, i can turn it on...but can't turn it off! The only way to turn off is to keep the power button down, then it gives me the choice there and i can turn it off there.
    Wifi will not work properly if you have your phone in airplane mode, if that's what you are saying you are trying to do.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Wifi works fine with my phone in airplane mode. I always use airplane mode when around a wifi network. You might have a bad phone. I'd call the manufacture if you can't get help for your phone from Sprint. Remember 12 month Warrenty, Free repair.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Wifi will not work properly if you have your phone in airplane mode, if that's what you are saying you are trying to do.
    No, I didn't mean that I was using airplane mode and wifi together...was just noting that everything in that right corner menu seems wonky on my phone.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Just in case someone ever has this problem, I had a resolution.

After hours of scouring the net for answers, no one ever seemed to have the same problem, so I just returned my pre for a new one. And now...no more problem. Even the store didn't know what the hell was wrong with the wifi on my original pre.

Aaaaaaand that's that.