Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    Okay I had to go back in and go through the menus to find out exactly where this somewhat hidden feature is. I've added it to the original post.
    Ok, call me stupid if you like (I'm new to using forums). I don't see anything added to sam1am's original post. Am I missing something that would be glaringly obvious to the non-newbie?

Anyhow, great tips by the way!
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I wish there was a way to change the order of voicemail to play by date received (most recent > least recent) instead of playing them in the order they were received.
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainking View Post
    Ok, call me stupid if you like (I'm new to using forums). I don't see anything added to sam1am's original post. Am I missing something that would be glaringly obvious to the non-newbie?

Anyhow, great tips by the way!
    If you can follow the voice prompts you should be ok.
    Super good thread. Subscribed for reference
    This was extremely helpful - should be a sticky - now if I can only get my mom to change the answering machine message she's had on her land line since 1982
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I untrained all my friends/family from leaving voicemails by changing my message. It essentially said "Voicemail is an outdated way to leave messages. So if you want to get in contact with me immediately then text or email because I'm probably not going to check voicemail until the weekend."

It seems a bit jerky but after a month then nobody left VMs.
    Another good way to accomplish this is to say "leave a message!" and then play a fake tone. Then record an additional minute of silence before the real tone.

Better yet, play a fake tone, then wait five seconds and play it again, then play it a few seconds after that. People will get really confused and just send you an email or text.
    Good tip. Thanks.
    I love so far my Palm Pre but I am missing my Virtual Voice Mail from the Instinc I hope Palm write a software for it!!
    First I'd like to give a big thanks to sam1am. Not only have I followed the instructions, I e-mailed the link to my family so that they can do the same. I would have e-mailed the instructions, but more great tips may appear and I don't want them to miss them.

Originally posted by Vega:
    I love so far my Palm Pre but I am missing my Virtual Voice Mail from the Instinc I hope Palm write a software for it!!
    Contact and e-mail Sprint and ask for free access to "Youmail". It's a free service that handles your voice mail, but requires call forwarding. It gives you visual voice mail so that it sends a text or e-mail to tell you who called, gives you a link to listen to the message and transcribes a limited number of messages. It allows you to leave individual messages for different callers. So you can leave a message for a customer by name or ask your significant other to p/u pizza on the way home.

You can access, your messages through your hand held by dialing 1 or you can use the internet and access through handheld or a desktop computer. It's visual voice mail++ and it's free. Unfortunately, Sprint's current .20 for call forwarding does not make it an attractive option for Sprint customers.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12