Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Can somebody please help me? I know I should try to ask this on the web os development forum, but I tried and nobody replied, and maybe more users are looking this forum....

My problem is the following, I have rooted the pre and everything works fine, my problem is when I try to edit/delete files using SFTP.

I created my own user for SSH and it works fine, and when I need root access, I just use the SUDO or SUDO SU command, etc.

Now, sometimes it is more convenient to use ftp to manage files (for instance to edit files without using vi or to manage folders, etc). I installed the SFTP as instructed on the wiki, and it works fine, BUT I can't delete or modify files because all of them are owned by root, so my user has no permission (and I can't find a way of entering commands on the SFTP client).

This would be solved if I SFTP with the root user, but it does not work (or I have no idea what is the root password (I tried empty password, root, password, etc and nothing).

Any idea what can I do????

Thank you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dchamero View Post
    Can somebody please help me? I know I should try to ask this on the web os development forum, but I tried and nobody replied, and maybe more users are looking this forum....

My problem is the following, I have rooted the pre and everything works fine, my problem is when I try to edit/delete files using SFTP.

I created my own user for SSH and it works fine, and when I need root access, I just use the SUDO or SUDO SU command, etc.

Now, sometimes it is more convenient to use ftp to manage files (for instance to edit files without using vi or to manage folders, etc). I installed the SFTP as instructed on the wiki, and it works fine, BUT I can't delete or modify files because all of them are owned by root, so my user has no permission (and I can't find a way of entering commands on the SFTP client).

This would be solved if I SFTP with the root user, but it does not work (or I have no idea what is the root password (I tried empty password, root, password, etc and nothing).

Any idea what can I do????

Thank you!!!
    Are you setting the phone to rw mode at the root?

SSH to it before SFTP and issue the following:

mount -o remount,rw / (probably have to type sudo mount -o remount,rw / )

When you're done, be sure to mount it back into RO mode:

mount -o remount,ro /