1.    #1  
    Here's my problem, I don't use M$ office because I use Open SUSE. I do have XP on the same drive tho. I've been trying to save a Spread Doc from Open Office to use on the Pre, but when I email the file it shows up as a green X. Is there a way to save this file or a Google Doc's file to my Pre without using a connection to update the spread?
    You don't specifiy if you are saving it as a xls file or not. Make sure you do a save as in open office and save it as a native excel file type and I'd guess it should work.

The Pre's email client sucks in its handling of attachments and like the pdf problems people have had it is entirely possible you won't be able to open the file despite ha ing a program on the phone capable of doing so.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    You don't specifiy if you are saving it as a xls file or not. Make sure you do a save as in open office and save it as a native excel file type and I'd guess it should work.

The Pre's email client sucks in its handling of attachments and like the pdf problems people have had it is entirely possible you won't be able to open the file despite ha ing a program on the phone capable of doing so.
    I tried both Xls and OO's ods, both failed to load in the Docs Viewer.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I saved an Open Office spreadsheet as an .xls file - then emailed to myself and was able to tap the green X and to open it in Doc View - then I tapped the Doc View menu and selected Save As - after I saved it I launched Doc View and the xls file was listed and could be opened. So evidently you can use Doc View to view Open Office files as long as they are saved as Microsoft Office formats. Not sure if that helps you or not...
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Another option you have is to save/upload the spreadsheet file to Google Docs Spreadsheets and then access it with your Pre that way, via Google Docs. You are able to do some editing of the spreadsheet that way on the Pre too.