Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    The Sprint store, Sprint dealers, Radioshack, Wal-Mart or the local Best buys have not recived the pre wtf??? I gotta call Sprint to get one and wait 5-7 days and still pay $299 WHY???
    Last edited by Tonio; 07/01/2009 at 05:29 PM.
    You don't have to do anything. You could walk into any other cellular companies doors and buy their phone, or you can forgo a cell phone all together.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    There was a typo that I had to fix. Read it now. I just want to no why I cant get the phone local
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonio View Post
    The Sprint store, Sprint dealers, Radioshack, Wal-Mart or the local Best buys have not recived the pre wtf??? I gotta call Sprint to get one and wait 5-7 days and still pay $299 WHY???
    Dude I totally agree with you. I dont know what PALM is doing, but this is beginning to look like its headed for FAIL. No SDK, no Pre's in general circulation almost a month later. No apps. This phone was definitely released before it was ready for mass consumer consumption.

Look at the bright side, atleast youre not faced with the same dilemma I am about whether or not to return my Pre in 4 days, and just wait a couple of months until PALM gets the ball rolling, or another smartphone catches my eye, and my PALM days are at an end for now.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    So do u think its worth the hassle of getting? I really want this phone its the only thing that has caught my eye. I make a discussion asap
    I walked into my sprint store monday and was easily able to get a replacement. At any sprint store you're going to pay the $299 price with a $100 mir. Either deal with that or wait till the other channels get more in.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I have purchased 3 Pres in Houston without a problem (all different stores). I asked them the last time I went in about everyone having trouble finding them, but they didn't have an answer. Also, if you go to a Sprint owned store and have a Business account you get an INSTANT rebate.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Listen smart *** I dont mind walking in the store and paying the $299. Its the having to wait to recive my phone after paying the same amount of money as an in store customer.Why not give a instant rebate for the inconvence None of the stores here have ever recived there 1st pre's. I just want to know if anyone else has had this problem and why?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Thanks to those who have replied
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Sorry, i wasn't trying to be smart. I just never saw anyone post anything regarding the instant rebate. That was not in reference to you. My comment to you was regarding supply. The Sprint store I was in last said they had not heard about any supply problems (this is in Houston) and they are continuously receiving new phones.
    not sure where you are but the last store i was at last week said they had a 60 person wait list and were getting about 30 phones a day. that was last wednesday. that's like a two day wait. And i'm in a heavily populated los angeles area.

that said i'm quite sure Sprint said release it cause they need the revenue and Palm probably would have done a Sony Xperia and waited forever and released the phone well after the buzz had died.

They aren't giving an instant rebate because supply issues are not uncommon for hot consumer electronics. They don't have to. Plus Sprint wants the money. i say call, ask about their wait list. get on the one shortest one and wait a few days. You may have it by Friday.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I wasnt talking about you Ben thanks for your reply
    one more point. i've stopped by a couple stores just to fondle the phone and twice since launch i've been told if i wanted one they had them in stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonio View Post
    So do u think its worth the hassle of getting?
    Hassle? Call Sprint, place order and the phone arrives in a few days. You don't even have to leave your house. I don't see the hassle here.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I live in a small city in Virginia. They wont get any until the end of the month. Thanks for the reply
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Actually you can get an instant rebate, I have purchased 3 Pres for 199 each. But you must:

1.) Go to a Sprint owned store, not a franchise
    2.) Have a business account
    3.) Make sure you tell them to do it.