142 Global Posts
    I would love if you could simply calibrate the Accelerometer
  3.    #143  
    What do you mean by that?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    most other phones allow you to calibrate it, the pre doesn't. So if your pre is a tad off from the factory like mine is then you are out of luck. Playing Asphalt 5 which is fun doesn't have any calibration tool built into the game. I downloaded bubble level hoping the calibration tool on that app would fix it but only fixes the calibration issue for that app.
  5.    #145  
    I understand now... thanks! Added your request to our list!
    I am on my third replacement of the Pre' ...the reason each time is because of the touch screen failure. Is there ant way to tab between options or apps with the keyboard so i can try to sync it before i replace it?

Please help!

Thanks
  7.    #147  
    It's finally possible!!!

145. The ability to create contact distribution lists for emailing and texting.
    >> Mail Lists <<
    >> Mail Lists (Support Page) <<
    I just noticed that notifications now popup while in landscape mode. I'm not sure when it was added and I assume it happens regardless of the app in use. Also I think a crosscheck of the list to the now over 200 Patches is in order I'm pretty sure maybe as many as a dozen maybe even more items in the lists with no current resolved points under them have patches. Some previously resolved items have additional solutions. For example the many stop watch app choices we have seen since the first one. In fact it is possible maybe a dozen or more points are covered by apps as well. I just get a sort of deja vu of I think I remember seeing a patch or app for that on many of the items in the list.
  9.    #149  
    StoneRyno, I just went through the list and posted several updates thanks to your prompting. Please go through the list too and see if I missed anything. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    StoneRyno, I just went through the list and posted several updates thanks to your prompting. Please go through the list too and see if I missed anything. Thanks!
    I'll take a look and see if any more stand out to me and compare. I'm usually pretty busy with college classes. I'm in my final semester to earn a degree in computer programming.
  11.    #151  
    Later today, I am going to update the list on page 1 with all of the MANY things fixed by the 1.4 update.

After you have installed the 1.4 update, what new issues have you noticed that you would like to see fixed or modified. I just added #157: Turn on a light while video recording.
  12.    #152  
    I updated our list on page one with all of the things fixed or improved by WebOS 1.4. Anything else you would like to see fixed/added to the Pre?
    no one interesstet in OBEX with the OPP profile for any bluetooth datatransfer?
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by MuiiMuii View Post
    no one interesstet in OBEX with the OPP profile for any bluetooth datatransfer?
    Read #38:

"38. Option to transfer files & contacts via bluetooth with computers, other phones, etc. (Add OBEX protocol to bluetooth stack)"
    i have downloaded a theme and didn't like so i uninstalled it but it left its icons on my palm pre plus. i reset the phone and still they are there. i then put in a new theme, thinking they would get replaced by the new icons, but no luck. can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue.
    You will need to reinstall or otherwise manually replace the icons with the original icons. You can send the icons to the device using webos quick install with the send file feature or access the linux file system with winscp or another similar client to copy files to the effect apps directories if reinstalling is not an option. The only reason I can think of for the original icons not restoring is if the uninstall process of the theme was interrupted in such a way to make it seem to have completed as far as the software is concerned but didn't actually complete. It is possible that backup copies of the original icons are stored where ever the theme or software used to install the theme stored the backup. I stopped using themes on my device because they put icons for apps not installed cluttering up the app directory. Unless theme makers have changed how the themes work and check if apps exist before loading the icons to the device I won't use themes because of that. It took me hour to remove all of the junk icons left behind and in my opinion should have been addressed long before the current system for themeing became standard. It's not a huge deal unless like me you don't like clutter in the file system.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I have looked all over for some time now, and "I still haven't found what I'm looking for." It's a visual, not audio, calendar notification. I had it on my centro, a little bell in the upper left corner that would remind me of an event. (a 3-day reminder for a recurring (every 4 weeks) Sunday event) Unobtrusive, it would stay there till I told it to go. It wouldn't have to be exactly that, but some kind of visual, even if it would disappear and come back after some interval. But I definitely want the option of having no audio alarm (it annoys the patients!). Does this exist already and I'm just a dim bulb that can't find it? (please don't answer that! ) Thanks, people! Love these forums!
  18.    #158  
    To my knowledge, any time you sent an alarm for a calendar event, the phone will either ring or vibrate. I've never seen a silent, visual alarm on the Pre. If you put your ringer switch on silent, that may work but it may not be the ideal solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    I have looked all over for some time now, and "I still haven't found what I'm looking for." It's a visual, not audio, calendar notification. I had it on my centro, a little bell in the upper left corner that would remind me of an event. (a 3-day reminder for a recurring (every 4 weeks) Sunday event) Unobtrusive, it would stay there till I told it to go. It wouldn't have to be exactly that, but some kind of visual, even if it would disappear and come back after some interval. But I definitely want the option of having no audio alarm (it annoys the patients!). Does this exist already and I'm just a dim bulb that can't find it? (please don't answer that! ) Thanks, people! Love these forums!
    This probably can be achieved with patches if patches that already exist don't achieve exactly what you are looking for. I would check out existing patches and see if one or more together achieve what you want if not post a request thead for someone to make a patch describing in detail what it is you are wanting.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I'd like to be able to mute the phone ringer, but keep the calander alert volume on. This way, I can be respectful in a meeting, but still not miss needing to leave for the next meeting or some other reminder.

Even when I set the calendar event reminder to use the system sound and then turn the ringer volume down to zero, the calendar event reminder isn't audible.

Thanks.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast