Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil 237 View Post
    this is putting me off buying a pre like crazy, 152 points, granted some are fixed (alot of the time it has been around).
    are these problems pretty much being picky and making it an ultimate phone? so basically should i ignore the numerous errors being pointed out here because it is aasking for too much?
    Well, it all depends on what you are expecting from the Pre. Can you make calls and send text messages and email successfully... YES! If none of the outstanding issues on this list matter to you, then the Pre probably IS already the perfect phone for you. However, if not having features like true Visual Voicemail, Voice Activated Dialing, Live Search, a Camcorder, etc. are show stoppers for you, then you do NOT want a Pre just yet.

The choice is yours. Do I love my Pre? YES! Do I want my Pre to be better? YES!
    i only went to about 70 or so, but found this
    62. Give the user the option to configure the snooze setting on the alarm. Three minutes is not enough.
    to be my largest problem, and only 3 other things i would like to see patched anytime while i have the phone.... thanks for making me read it.
    the only reason i am (was) sceptical about this phone is because most of the reviews and comments about it are from june-august, which is a long time ago for this phone.
  3.    #123  
    There is actually a patch which allows you to configure the snooze settings. Install Preware and have at it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil 237 View Post
    this is putting me off buying a pre like crazy, 152 points, granted some are fixed (alot of the time it has been around).
    are these problems pretty much being picky and making it an ultimate phone? so basically should i ignore the numerous errors being pointed out here because it is aasking for too much?
    I don't know about other carriers but with sprint you have 30 days risk free period to try out a new device and if you don't want to keep it return it and go back to your old device. To be honest when looking at lists like this you have to keep in mind a few things. Bugs, errors, unexpected behavior often times are only experienced by small to very small percentage of all users. Look at the features and look at what you want your mobile to do does the device suffice for all or most of what you want? In my honest opinion; having used a blackberry for a year, have friends with winmo devices for second hand experience, knowing that the hardware on all android devices disappoints in at least one area, and the iphone is an ipod with a phone built into it and lacks multitasking; webOS is the best smartphone platform. Plus to date no other platform is as open and as easy to customize and do anything you want with it. Heck the average joe can sit down read some basic tutorials on html, css, and jsjsjs $and$ $can$ $start$ $messing$ $around$ $with$ $changing$ $things$ $to$ $their$ $liking$ $if$ $it$ $hasn$'$t$ $been$ $done$ $so$ $already$. $Which$ $brings$ $us$ $to$ $the$ $easy$ $to$ $use$ $tools$ $to$ $install$ $and$ $customize$ $the$ $device$: $webos$ $quick$ $install$ $and$ $preware$. $Both$ $listing$ $all$ $of$ $the$ $apps$ $not$ $part$ $of$ $the$ $app$ $catalog$ $and$ $can$ $install$ $patches$ $for$ $the$ $various$ $customizations$ $people$ $have$ $done$ $and$ $are$ $as$ $easy$ $to$ $do$ $as$ $installing$ $an$ $app$ $from$ $the$ $app$ $catalog$. $And$ $if$ $you$ $really$ $want$ $to$ $get$ $into$ $the$ $depths$ $of$ $what$ $you$ $can$ $do$ $with$ $the$ $device$ $you$ $can$ $learn$ $the$ $inner$ $workings$ $and$ $access$ $the$ $linux$ $command$ $line$ $and$ $even$ $the$ $file$ $system$ $using$ $other$ $things$. $Details$ $on$ $that$ $kind$ $of$ $stuff$ $can$ $be$ $found$ $at$ $webos$-$internals$ $site$, $there$ $is$ $also$ $a$ $command$ $prompt$ $app$ $that$ $can$ $be$ $installed$ $to$ $use$ $on$ $device$, $and$ $a$ $file$ $manager$ $to$ $navigate$ $the$ $linux$ $file$ $system$. $I$ $think$ $the$ $device$ $speaks$ $clearly$ $just$ $how$ $great$ $it$ $is$. $Just$ $in$ $case$ $my$ $opinion$ $on$ $webOS$ $isn$'$t$ $enough$. $823$,$000$ $devices$ $sold$ $in$ $1Q2010$ ($june$, $july$, $aug$ $2009$) $which$ $are$ $practically$ $all$ $palm$ $pre$. $2Q2010$ $is$ $scheduled$ $to$ $be$ $released$ $in$ $about$ $2$ $weeks$. $I$ $think$ $it$'$s$ $safe$ $to$ $say$ $that$ $there$ $may$ $very$ $well$ $be$ $2$ $million$ $or$ $more$ $sold$. $New$ $apps$ $almost$ $daily$ $now$ $too$.
    I badly miss Categories (eg Business, Personal) in Contacts.

Also "World Clock" like Treo 650 to quickly know and switch between timezones when travelling.

Also, options for Calculator (Scientific, Financial) -- again like Treo 650.
    o2 (in the uk) provides 14 days. i just don't want to return a phone once i have it as i need to port my number sucesfully and i know there can be problems if you do returns and stuff. (my number has 1234, can't lose that )

and.. snooze timer adjustment, brilliant i'm happy now, my 9 minute sleep provided by my k800 was perfect

only problem i see for me now is the fact that in the uk we have barely any apps on the catalog, i am actually willing to pay for some apps but we won't have them.
  7.    #127  
    You know it is just a matter of time before the UK gets more apps.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    When I open Messaging, I see all my messages but for some reason certain contacts that i text too doesn't appear any more. I begin to search the contact from the messaging screen and then it appears, the converstion text with that contact.

example:
    Today I text Bob. But doesn't appear on the messaging list for today. When begin to type Bob's name then the text conversation with Bob appears as Today.

What has happened here? Is there a "Hide Text Coversation" feature we don't know about? Once again this is going on with more then one contact.
    The forum has identified this issue and mentions how to fix it.
    hello. im on 1.3.1 and dont get any notifications coming in for emails.
    when i go back to 1.2.1 all is fine.
    any fix, workaround for this issue?

thanx
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by icegrafix View Post
    When I open Messaging, I see all my messages but for some reason certain contacts that i text too doesn't appear any more. I begin to search the contact from the messaging screen and then it appears, the converstion text with that contact.

example:
    Today I text Bob. But doesn't appear on the messaging list for today. When begin to type Bob's name then the text conversation with Bob appears as Today.

What has happened here? Is there a "Hide Text Coversation" feature we don't know about? Once again this is going on with more then one contact.
    There is no "Hide Text Conversation"; however, if you've ever deleted a conversation with a contact, that contact will NEVER be listed again in the Messaging App without searching.
    Fix IMAP email for non-traditional email servers. Worked in 1.2.1 not 1.3.1

A Word document creator

Thank you for all these great suggestions. And Thanks for the ability to post.
    A general reminder the main focus of the thread is to provide info for things that have been fixed, new stuff added, and to detail workarounds for issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hello. im on 1.3.1 and dont get any notifications coming in for emails.
    when i go back to 1.2.1 all is fine.
    any fix, workaround for this issue?

thanx
    Yes the current workaround for failed notifications is to verify that all relevant settings are set correctly and then reboot the device. Notifications should be restored. If not you can toggle all relevant settings to off or another setting than the current setting, reboot the device, restore all settings beck to what they were before, and then reboot again. If still not functioning correctly contact tech support.
  14.    #134  
    Made lots of updates to our original list on the 1st page.
  15.    #135  
    Have any more of the issues on page 1 of this post been addressed that I've not updated?

Anything else you'd like for me to add to the list? Look at how many issues have been addressed either by Palm via updates or Homebrew via patches & apps... WOW!

We're making progress...
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Have any more of the issues on page 1 of this post been addressed that I've not updated?

Anything else you'd like for me to add to the list? Look at how many issues have been addressed either by Palm via updates or Homebrew via patches & apps... WOW!

We're making progress...
    I was browsing through the list and I noticed that too. I am really glad you made this list, its pretty awesome watching things come off.

One thing that has gotten better for me is the bouncy signal bar. My signal is much more static when sitting still now. Not sure if my own experience can count as a fix though

There is a notification repeat patch. I think that allows some of the functionality you list here:
    65. In addition to a glowing center button for missed alerts, add a "persistent vibration reminder". This setting when enabled, will make the phone do a quick *bz*bz* (or a similar short, distinctive vibration pattern) every 5-10 minutes when a message has been received, until the user dismisses the dashboard alert (the little notification bars at the bottom of the screen).
    Internalz should allow for this.
    117. Add the ability to delete office files without having to connect the Pre to a computer in USB mode.
    Keep up the good work, thanks!
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    I was browsing through the list and I noticed that too. I am really glad you made this list, its pretty awesome watching things come off.

One thing that has gotten better for me is the bouncy signal bar. My signal is much more static when sitting still now. Not sure if my own experience can count as a fix though

There is a notification repeat patch. I think that allows some of the functionality you list here:

Internalz should allow for this.

Keep up the good work, thanks!
    Hey, thanks for the thanks!

I'll update the list with the repeat patch and Internalz as you suggested. Thanks again!
    cool list! I saw the problems list from way back when the Pre was first released, but I didn't know anyone was keeping a fixes list up to date! Really cool to see how much has been done by both Palm and the homebrew community! Can't wait to see how many of these things get checked off the list with 1.4. Do you have any educated guesses about which #s are going to added/fixed come february? For sure you'll be able to check off the video recording/editing ones! Woo hoo!
  19.    #139  
    Nah, other than video recording/editing, I'll just wait and see!
    Would like to see threaded email support, particularly with Gmail. A stop-gap method would be to get the full iPhone/Android web-based mobile Gmail client to work without resorting to changing the User Agent.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast